Chapter 2: Another Day at School

Backpack slung over his shoulder, Bakugou stalks into his classroom with a scowl on his face as usual, hands stuffed deep in his pants pockets. He is a few minutes early, but there are a few students already present.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya Izuku calls from the other side of the room, sitting at his desk which, of course, is just behind Bakugou's seat. His fan club seems to be present, chock-full of early-bird students as it is, with Uraraka Ochako, Todoroki Shoto, and Iida Tenya swarming around him. In fact, Todoroki, or Icy Hot, as Bakugou calls him, seems to be contentedly sitting in Bakugou's seat and staring straight at him.

Bakugou feels his lip curl disdainfully. "Get the fuck away from my seat, Icy Hot," he snarls.

Todoroki stares back for a very tense and long moment, the others in the group looking between the two nervously. His eyes feel like they are peering into Bakugou's soul, a knowing look in them, and it disgusts Bakugou, whose sneer grows. Finally averting his gaze and instead looking to Midoriya, Todoroki stands and walks to take the chair behind the green-haired nerd.

Bakugou scoffs but takes the seat anyway, slinging his bag down to the ground and his feet up onto his desk casually. As the minutes pass, Bakugou staring out the window at the flood of the best and brightest of their generation entering the school, the rest of his classmates come in. Of course, Kaminari and Ashido are making some stupid jokes to one another when they walk through the large door.

Best and brightest, my ass, Bakugou snarks internally.

"Kacchan," Midoriya mutters from behind him, and Bakugou's gaze shoots sideways, head not moving.

"Deku," he returns hostilely.

Midoriya swallows nervously. It takes a moment for him to speak up in a whisper. "I was watching the news yesterday. How is your arm?"

Bakugou's face twists, and he turns toward Midoriya with anger raging in his red eyes like a blazing fire. "Shut. The fuck. Up," he grinds out, and Midoriya gnaws at his lip in concern.

"I know you don't want to talk about it, Kacchan, but I don't want you to get badly hurt," Midoriya defends himself, big, round, worried eyes making him look like a kicked puppy with freckles. "You always get hurt somehow, and what about when things go really wrong?" His fists tighten where they are clenched on his desk.

Bakugou raises his chin, glaring down at his childhood friend, who cowers slightly and sinks lower in his chair. "But they haven't, and I haven't, have I, you shit nerd?" He spats.

"Haven't what, Bakubro?" a cheerful voice interjects, and an arm is suddenly slung over Bakugou's shoulders.

Bakugou's angry expression fades away until it is nothing more than a slightly irritated frown with furrowed brows, eyes still pinned on the green-haired boy at the desk behind him. "It's none of your fucking business, Shitty Hair. Fuck off."

Kirishima Eijirou's large and toothy smile wanes a tad, and his head quirks to the side, vibrant red hair that sticks up in spikes that definitely do—despite Bakugou's refusal to accept the fact—look somewhat similar to Bakugou's defying gravity as he does so. "Well that's not very nice, but anyway," he diverts and slips to his knees, hands up and folded, a pleading expression and hopeful grin on his face. "I forgot how to do some of the problems on the math homework and fell asleep before I thought to text you. Would you please help me out here, bro?" he pleads.

Bakugou stares at him for a moment, mind going over how he became friends with such unstudious people, especially since they are at the best school in the country, and in the top class therein for goodness' sake! Rolling his eyes, Bakugou huffs. "Fine. Which fucking problems do you want help on, idiot?"