20 | the war of leagues

15 OF THE UNINJURED students of class 1-A gathered around the hospital room where Midoriya was confined. The atmosphere inside the room became so thick and suffocating as they began to argue of what was the righteous thing to do.

The class was torn apart by the differences of their opinions. Some wanted go act for themselves and rescue the kidnapped duo while some decided to place their hopes to the pro heroes.

Iida, Midoriya, and Kirishima looked at each other intently; the rise of the tension in the room increased palpably.

"I-I want to go with you guys!" Uraraka said, breaking the silence in the room.

"Uraraka?!" Iida exclaimed in disbelief.

"I-I can't possibly just go home like usual when my friend is in danger!" she argued, her voice trembling. "She— They could be in pain right now. What if they're in pain right at this very moment?!"

No one said anything as there was nothing to reply. "The pro heroes are looking for them." Iida finally answered, "They are more experienced than us. They can rescue and bring them back safely."

"But when?!" Kirishima barked, "How long will we have to sit and wait?! How long will Y/n and Bakugo have to wait?!"

"As what Uraraka had said, what if they're in pain right now." he continued, "How long will they have to endure it?! They can't possibly fight for themselves!"

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" Kaminari yelled, surprising the class. "How many times do I have to tell all of you to calm and shut the fuck up!"

"This argument will lead to nothing if we keep yelling at each other." he said, "And can you all stop acting like Bakugo and Y/n are helpless little kids."

"You could drop Y/n naked in the middle of the desert and she'd fly out in a jet made out of sand and cactus needles with a glass of cactus water in hand." said Kaminari, "Y/n has and will always have power because—"

"It's her brain that gives her power." Todoroki continued, "Not her gadgets."

"Exactly."

The double quirked male rested his eyes shut and snapped his eyebrows as he had that 'why didn't I said that before in the argument' moment. Todoroki opened his eyes and murmured, "Speaking of gadgets," his heterochromatic eyes scanned Midoriya until it landed on the wrist watch on his hand. "Midoriya."

"Yes?!" the greenette flinched in surprise.

"Isn't that Y/n's?" He pointed at the digital wrist watch on his arm. Midoriya looked to where he was pointing at and saw the young genius' famous digital watch.

"Eh?! How did I wore this?!" the greenette shrieked, "I don't even—" He paused as realization struck him.

"Beside the cliff," he trailed, "We were fighting and she shot powered clamps towards this wrist and my feet..."

"You guys were... fighting?" asked Mina, finding it hard to believe.

"For a moment yes," Midoriya continued, "She was going to give herself in to the villains."

The others gasped and looked at the freckled teen with widened eyes. "Why would she do that?" asked Mineta. "Isn't she one that would fight even for her dignity?"

"She was blaming herself." Midoriya lamented, fighting back tears. "The I-Island accident, her gaurdian's death, and this villain infiltration. She thinks it's her fault."

"I know she felt hurt during the argument before the invasion happened. I couldn't even say anything." He sobbed, "And even so, the first thing that she thought about was everyone's safety."