the threat of divorce, aka playing pool

pairing: matt murdock x f!reader

word count: 1583

warnings: drunkenness, especially foggy, matt being hella adorable, fluff, tiny bit of angst (you threatening foggy of taking away karen), and matt wanting to be your work husband

authors note: this is one of the first fics that i've written in like a year so don't hate on me if it's crap or anything, I'm a little rusty. but please let me know if you guys enjoy it! also i have no idea how to play pool, I hope that wasn't too evident ;)

 but please let me know if you guys enjoy it! also i have no idea how to play pool, I hope that wasn't too evident ;)

gif is not mine

———

"Seriously, Foggy? Now the shot's wide open and Matt will win again!" You groaned, staring angrily at your friend who merely shot you back a dirty look in response. After a long day at the office, a long week actually, the four of you decided that a night at Josie's was a good way to wind down from the craziness that's been going on in Hell's Kitchen.

If only that were the case.

After a few rounds, and lot's of boasting on who was the best Pool player in the group, it was decided that the only way to settle the dispute was to play right then and there. What was supposed to be a nice, friendly game, had quickly turned into a vicious battle amongst the lawyers at Nelson, Murdock & Page. Well, mostly just between you and Foggy as Matt was kicking both of your asses as Karen made fun of you all on the sideline.

"As if it was purely my fault, this man is not capable of making a shot that good without you guiding him along! We would be way ahead if you could help yourself from snuggling up to him every two seconds like an old married couple!" The blond retorted, swigging back his cheap beer and staring the two of you down like you offended his honor.

"C'mon Foggy, I'm blind. Of course I need help," Matt chuckled, chalking up his cue stick as he walked around the table towards the cue ball. It's been a while since you've been able to get Matt to go out with you, Foggy and Karen, being caught up with his Daredevil business but also his actual business.

Needless to say, it took a lot of convincing to talk him into taking a night off, with promises that you would stay the night at his apartment all week so that he wouldn't have to worry about you being by yourself. You liked to think you weren't co-dependant, but you were starting to see what the others have been telling you all along.

But the thought slipped to the back of your mind after seeing Matt joke with his friends, loosening his tie and finally relaxing for the first time in what felt like forever. He looked so beautiful when he was happy, albeit a little drunk, with the little dimples on his cheeks that you could notice only after really staring at him, which you've been guilty of doing once or a thousand times.