Chapter 19

Axl's Pov

"Kalen! I told you not to move around that much!"

I enter his room and caught him doing side push up which is inappropriate at this time, he just got shot and his stitches could open and bleed just like last time.

Para namang pinagalitang pusa ang loko at nakapanlabi pang inayos ang damit saka umupo muli sa kama niya. Inabot niya ang tubig na malapit sa kama at saka dire-diretsong ininom iyon.

I sat beside him and fixed his messy hair. Ngumiti naman siya sa akin at iniyakap ang isang braso sa bewang ko. He's a little sweaty from doing push up but still, he smells amazing, where's the justice in that?

"When are we going home? Im not really a fan of hospitals." I said while still playing with his hair.

"I'll ask Jaren and Nyx to fix our bill and then we're good."

I nodded and we both fell in silence, just enjoying each others company without even saying a single word. Well, my mind is wandering about the scene earlier. Im still weirded out as to why did Chief said those things. Claud said he never met his father and when he ask his mom where he is, she casually told him that she just had a one night stand with his father and she dont even know who, what and where could his father be. Claud believed that and even after his mother got sick and died, we never really talk about his father that much.

"What are you thinking babe?" he leaned down and placed his chin on my shoulder, arms are still snaked around my waist.

"Claud's father." I simply said.

"What about his father?" he kissed my shoulder and now its his turn to fix my hair, I dont know where he got this hair tie but now he's carefully pulling all the strands of my hair to tie it.

I sighed at the thought of it. Hindi ko na nakausap pa si Chief dahil na rin sa tinawag na siya sa loob ng nurse na nagbabantay kay Claud para maihanda siya sa gagawing pagsasalin ng dugo.

"Do you know about Chief and well, Claud being his son?"

If there's one person Chief trust the most, I think its him. Even Jaren got really shocked at the news and seems lost just like me. Im sure I'll get the same reaction to Onyx.

Kalen sighed and hold my hands.
"Yeah, he told me last night through phone call. He made it brief and simple, I never got to ask anything since I was also stunned."

Kung ganoon ay kagabi lang din sinabi ni Chief sa kaniya.

"Hey, dont stress yourself, and it seems like he just found out that he has a son. Im sure he'll explain it to us some other time."

I nodded and receive a quick peck from him.

I agree with Kalen, eventually, Chief will have to tell Claud everything and me, being his bestfriend will know about it.

Perks of being a bestfriend, huh?

We spend our time talking about random stuff 'til its time for the nurse to check and clean his wound.

Napansin kong tila tinatagalan ng nurse ang ginagawa niya at hindi nakalagpas sa paningin ko ang pag ngiti ngiti niya sa harap ni Kalen, pasimpleng paghaplos sa binti ng binata.

Umupo na lamang ako sa gilid at tahimik na pinapanood at hinihintay matapos ang ginagawa niya.

"Thank you for checking my wound but I guess my boyfriend can do it next time."

Nag angat ng tingin ang nurse kay Kalen at tila napahiya sa sinabi nito.

"I-its my job to check your w-wound Sir."