𝚜𝚢𝚗𝚘𝚙𝚜𝚒𝚜

Roisin sighed as she stared at her mom, Pandora who was currently showering praises at her elder sister, Lamia

Roisin is 20 years old and her sister being 5 years older than her. She had moved out of their house when she was 17 right after she graduated high school due to the fact that she was undervalued by her mom.

Her dad died when she was 16 and Lamia,21. He was a fire fighter and in the course of performing his work, he developed Cardiovascular disease caused by the exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide and other toxic hazards leading to his death.

Her dad, Frederick was her favorite person, the only person in the world to show and treat her with so much love and respect apart from her friend, Avery a friend she made in high school.

The death of her dad was a tragedy, a misfortune, a disaster,a calamity, a casualty, an adversity.

It stroke her unexpectedly, seeing her dad struggling to breathe, his eyes shutting so slowly, gasps escaping his mouth as he struggled to talk hardly able to breathe.

It pained her soul to see her favourite person in pain and there was nothing she could do but look and hope.

And hope she did, but his soul was long gone with the remains of his empty body, a reminder of his existence.

She has buried him and funded the burial on her own with a few relatives;some aunts and some cousins, she never knew she had attending.

Her mom and her sister was absence, claiming to still be in denial of the death of their dad.

But they lied.

And she knew they lied.

And they knew that she knew they lied.

But they all pretended to not know, Her mom and her sister lived a lie and she pretended to believe.

After her Father's death her mom stopped paying her house fees. Roisin worked at three different places to support herself as her mom only contributed to her tuitions fees and nothing else.

Staring back at the two figure before her, she wondered why she still haven't cut ties with them. They did almost nothing to contribute to her life and her mom only paid part of her tuition fee.

Wondering again, she was baffled with the fact that they didn't share any emotions with her late dad. It was confusing at that. She wondered why even after all her dad has done for them, they still didn't treat him the way he deserved.

Her dad was a very calm and gentle person. He rarely argued and he always thrive to meet their needs and wants yet they still took advantage of his kindness. They treated him like a fool and didn't respect him.

Her grandad was an opposite. Whenever he came to visit, he would confront and call out at her mom's attitude. He would scold her sister on her behalf. Unlike her dad, he saw through their lies.

But it was a wasted effort

It was of no use.

Once he was gone, she will be punished for all he had done. She will be insulted for snitching and telling lies and sometimes beaten. She has always been patient with them. Never saying a word to her dad as she knew how much her dad loved them both. The sad thing was that he died without any knowledge of it.

She had thought that before he grew too old and die due to old age, she would have told him and would have spilled out every single thing they did but he was gone so soon.

Her grandad was also gone, leaving 3 months before her dad death.

Her other relatives didn't care too much, they were all like her mom and sister; indifferent. All they were after was the company something her dad had inherited due to the fact that he was the first born. They were blinded by greed but her dad was hardly interested in it.

He continued working as a firefighter while still in charge of the company.

Now that he was dead, Lamia was in charge of it and in all honesty she was running it pretty well, almost as good as her das did.

But not as good as he was.

She was partial and corrupt.
She mostly used company finds for personal needs rather than using it on the development of the company and payment of staff. She was making a lot of profit but still she desired more, she was greedy.

She knew not of the things that actually happened in the company, but she knew about that fact that a week after her dad's funeral, Lamia fired all the employees bringing in new ones.

People she was friends with

People of high status.

"Roisin darling" her mom's voice broke her out of her thoughts.

She hummed in response merely showing interest in conversing with her mom, with them actually.

Pandora was definitely not impressed with her response. She cleared her throat before replying with a monotone voice.

"I am not interested in having a conversation with you and I definitely do not appreciate such behaviour"

She was clearly trying to intimidate her and She knew she was.

She stared nonchalantly at her, her face blank of any emotions.

"What do you want??" she asked in the same tone as Pandora did.

Her response was even to earn a reaction from her as her eye widen in shock and her breathing became slightly shallow.

"What!?!" Roisin asked in shock.

"You heard me"

She slumped deeper into her sit doing her best to not show too many emotions. From the corner of her eyes, she could see her sister smirking definitely finding comfort in her discomfort.

*
*
*
*
*
*

Hiiiiii, thank you for reading ❤️.