Chapter 21: Dinner Table

Upon arriving at the Lee Residence, the Lees gathered at the dining room for a dinner spread prepared by Armand, the family's in-house cook.

Papa Lee started the conversation, "starting tomorrow, however your schedule is planned out, note that we have our meals together as a family. Breakfast is at 8am, lunch is at 12.30pm and dinner will be at 6pm. Of course some exceptions could be made, like if Chris has a business meeting. This is how we have a proper routine and see each other at least during mealtimes since this is a large house and everyone has different schedules".

"Of course, not showing up to mealtime with no good excuse would warrant a punishment," continued Papa Lee.

Shania swallowed her spit as she knew that Papa Lee was doing this reminder mainly for her since she was notorious for not showing up at mealtimes.

"Naya, your tutor is already in his quarters and homeschooling starts at 8.30am tomorrow. Mr Colin is looking forward to meet you," Mama Lee smiled as she spoke to Shania.

"Yes Naya, since you have classes right after breakfast, I expect you to be showered and ready by breakfast. Just because you're taking your classes at home, doesn't mean that you'll get away with your bad hygiene. Do you understand?" Papa Lee glared at Shania. Shania nodded and just continued eating her favourite Nasi Goreng (Indonesian fried rice). "Reply me with your words, Shania," Papa Lee didn't take his eyes off Shania as he rests his wrists at the edge of the table. Realizing that he called her by her name instead of her nickname, Shania put her cutleries down and looked down at her hands as she meekly replied, "yes Papa, I understand.".

Mama Lee tried to ease the tension by changing the subject, "right, I'm so glad everyone is home now! Chris, take some of the tempe for Naya as well, please". Chris did as he was told as Shania was seated beside him. "But I'm full, I don't want itttt," whined Shania as she frowned at Chris. "You've only eaten 2 spoonfuls of the nasi goreng, eat the side dishes before Papa yells at you," Chris glared at Shania and gritted his teeth as he warned Shania under his breath.

"Shania, do you need a reminder of what happens when you don't listen?" Papa Lee asked. "No, sir," Shania quickly answered as she stared down at her plate.

Chris scooted his chair closer to Shania and grabbed her spoon, scooped the rice and placed some vegetables on top and fed it to Shania's mouth.

"Aww, my baby. Do you still need to be fed to eat your meals?" Mama Lee smiled, still trying to loosen the tension. "She's old enough to be feeding herself," Papa Lee said in an annoyed tone. "Just leave them, as long as she's eating," Mama Lee waved Papa Lee's remark and Papa Lee just cleared his throat as he took a sip of water.

"So I'm giving both of you a week to get used to being back in this house and the routine we have. Next week on, Naya's extracurriculars will commence and it would be great if you can supervise her," Mama Lee directed her question to Chris.

"Yes Ma, Papa already briefed me last week," Chris replied nodding as he feeds Shania another spoonful of rice.

"Remember when you were younger, you had your swim coach come at 6am each morning? Since we want as little people coming into the home during this period, I want you to be in charge of that," Papa Lee explained.

"We already got a tennis coach coming in on Mondays and Thursdays. Tuesdays would be for piano class with Mrs Ivanov," Mama Lee looked at the phone as she has Shania's schedule in her notes app.

Hearing that, Shania's eyes widened.

"Are you saying that I have to be up at 6am for swimming?"

"No, swimming is at 6am. That means you need to be up by 5.45am," replied Chris with a grin as he teases Shania.