Speaker

YEJI

We still have another quiz for tomorrow, i need to study now but the next room is literally playing some soft songs and it's making me feel sleepy. When i checked the time, it's already 1:30 AM, it's very unusual, she's turning her music off when it's 12:30 AM.

I hold my earphones and get some paper, i wrote everything that i wanted to say. I stand in front of her door then i knocked on her door, i slapped myself because i forgot that she can't hear anything. I used my phone and turned on and off my flashlight, she's not opening her door.

I tried to open her window and i saw her sleeping on the floor, i get a little piece of stone and when i'm about to throw it on her, i suddenly saw a video in her T.V and it looks like her when she's still young;

"Ryujin? Come here now!"
"I don't want to ride that horse Daddy!"
"It's fun, just come here. Let your Mom carry you."

I know i shouldn't watch it, i think it's something that she's been keeping for herself. I throw the piece of stone on her then she suddenly wakes up, she stand up and opened her door, i finally saw her so close.

She opened her lights and i saw her more, she's so pretty, it looks like she's still know how to style herself, her hair color fits in her. She asked me nervously, "Why?". I showed her what i wrote in a bond paper, one by one;

"Hello! I'm Yeji. I live next to your room, ROOM 13!"
"I'm currently studying but i can hear your sound, it was so loud."
"It's not that i don't want you to listen to your favorite songs"
"It's just, your music is distracting me"
"I'm sorry for saying this but...."
"I REALLY NEED TO STUDY"

She turned off her speaker then she told me, "I'm sorry, i'm really sorry". I didn't expect that, i thought she's gonna max her volume or what but she's really kind, Ma is right.

She opened her door and asked me, "My name is 'Ryujin'. Do you want to come?" I signed "X" using my hands and it looks like we're playing charades because i acted like i'm writing something on my palm while i'm telling her, "Sorry. But i need to study now".

I gave her my earphones then i let her read my lips, "YOU. YOU. CAN. USE. THIS. INSTEAD. O—" She suddenly pushed my hands, "Yeji? Go away now. I'm just gonna turn off my music now". I walked outside her room then i get my earphones.

Her face looks so scared when i showed her my earphones, i think she experienced something that i shouldn't ask but it intrigues me. I'm just gonna ask Ma about this tomorrow after my classes.

I stayed up all night studying and i didn't notice that it was already 5:00 AM and i haven't slept a little but our class will start at 7:00 AM today. I just drink another cup of coffee and changed my clothes.

When i'm about to opened the door, Ryujin is standing there and she was about to knock on my door, i looks so surprised but she gave me a bento then she said, "I'm sorry for throwing you earphones, i didn't mean that. I'm actually happy that someone talked to me, no one tried to do that".

I guess everyone who used to rent here misunderstood her, i came blame them.

I accepted her bento box then she ran so fast inside her room then i felt like she's the opposite of what i'm thinking. I really thought she's a cold person who will not talk to you unless you begged her, Ryujin is nice.

I suddenly saw Ma and she greeted me, "Good Morning Yeji! Have you eaten your breakfast?". I showed her the bento box then i told her, "Ryujin gave this to me" She clapped her hands and she looks so proud, "Ryujin did that? Maybe you did something on her".