Chapter Nine

Hey guys this chapter is inspired by Ali Hazelwood, so some scenes in this chapter are written by her <3. Btw this chapter contains cussing. So if that's a problem for you then you're too young to be reading this story.

--------------

"What do ya mean it ran?" Hagrid asks.

"It just ran away" I explain. The harsh, shivering forest made me feel unsettled.

"Okey, you kids go back inside the castle I'll take care of this." Hagrid says as crunches his crossbow next to him and walks off.

I speed walk back to the castle, the others following behind me.

"What was that?" Luna asks.

"I- I don't know, it looked like a beast" Evan shivered.

When I get to my dorm I close the door, the room is dark, so I turn on the lights, just to see Hecate sitting on the chair with a cup of tea in her hands.

"What was that?! I thought you said monsters couldn't get inside forcefield!" I yell.

She takes a sip of her tea and sets it on the floor. "I don't know I'm surprised as much as you, I'm just here to let you know there must be more of them coming, which means we have a problem."

"Yeah, but this one was different I mean it was eating a rabbit, they couldn't do that before." I say.

"I know, but until I figure out why you stay put"

And on that happy note she disappeared.

Third person's Pov

In Percy's defense, he didn't mind being the talk of the whole entire school. It did take him a while to adjust—perfectly understandable, given the events of last night. The stares, the rumors, and the awkward silence when he entered the room were one of the many things he had to learn to ignore since he came to Hogwarts.

What did slightly bother him was the random Ravenclaw girl kissing him in the corridors.

But to Valerie's defense, Percy didn't mind the kiss too much. He didn't kiss her back which is perfectly understandable due to the sudden circumstances. It was an awkward, uncomfortable, somewhat painful minute, in which Valerie was simultaneously smashing her lips against his and pushing herself as high as her toes would extend to keep her mouth at the same level as him. Did he have to be so tall?

Valerie gasped and pushed herself away from him, frantically looking at everyone. Percy on the other hand, was standing right in front of her, lips parted, chest rising and a weird light flickering in his eyes, which was exactly when it dawned on Valerie, the enormity of what she just done. Of who she had just-

Fuck her life.

Fuck. Her. Life.

Because Percy Jackson was bad news. At least if the rumors were anything to go by. He was known for being Voldemort's grandson and if that wasn't bad enough her parents are totally going to kill her when they find out. Because the Aesther's find out everything. The thing is before Voldemort became well Voldemort and Tom Riddle was in Hogwarts no one suspected that he was evil, he seemed pretty normal and in fact one of the best students they had, but that was before he became a murderer and killed a bunch of people. He was friends with Alexander Aesther (Valerie's grandfather) until Tom killed his wife. Since then, the Riddles and the Aesther's were mortal enemies. Like they really hated each other. In fact, when Harry killed Voldemort her dad even threw a party and offered to rebuild Hogwarts. But when her dad found out that he had a grandson and he went to school with his daughter well let's just say Percy Jackson was the reason Valerie was maybe changing schools.