Chapter 1: Meeting them

Timothy Lawrence, an exhausted college student who did not sign up to impersonate an egotistical power-hungry programmer, found himself at Concordia -- the safest place on Elpis--.

The only reason Timothy would ever find himself here instead of the slightly safer area of Helios was that Jack didn't have eyes on his every move.

And there was a decent bar. Which just so happened to be the only bar in Concordia, one that Timothy had actually been to before when he first signed up to be a vault hunter in addition to becoming a doppelgänger.

The second Timothy stepped into the bar, he felt some tension leave his shoulders. His steps were slow and sluggish as his energy had completely drained for the day. Though as he approached the bar, he didn't see Moxxi anywhere.

"I'll be with you in a moment, Darling," Said a voice unknown to Timothy.

He had completed a few missions with Moxxi by this point, enough to recognize her voice, and that was not her voice. But Timothy was certainly not complaining. Their voice was soft and comforting.

Timothy tapped his foot against the ground, waiting for the bartender to pop up from behind the bar. Timothy's eyes widened as they were slowly revealed, tight revealing clothes showed off their assets and attractive face to compliment their body to any patron who could stumble through the place. Timothy felt his entire face along with his ears redden with a furious blush as he desperately tried not to look at said assets and be as respectful as one could in a bar like this.

"I'm (y/n), I'll be your bartender this evening--" (y/n)'s eyes flickered up to Timothy's, they paused in their words. They weren't expecting --who they believed to be-- Jack to visit them in the middle of a war with Dahl. "J-jack, what are you doing here? You know Moxxi won't be happy to see you."

Timothy's eyes widened even more. 'This cute bartender knows Jack? That would have been good to know before coming here... Multiple times. Okay, just act like Jack, it's literally your job' (y/n) tilted their head curiously at Timothy as he wasn't saying anything, which was uncharacteristic of Jack but not of Timothy.

"I just wanted to visit you, b-babe..." Timothy replied with a false smug look that screamed egotistical.

(y/n) covered a hand over their mouth to stifle a laugh. They had their suspicions about whoever was in front of them, but that statement absolutely proved it.

Timothy deflated and returned to an unstable position, a hand came to rest on the counter.

"I-i'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you... Not completely," They giggled behind their hand before they continued, "Oh, You're not Jack. You did a decent job with a first impression. He acts the same way every time he looks at me. I don't understand why, he's seen me in my uniform plenty of times... But you're the doppelgänger he was talking about... Jim?"

Timothy rolled his eyes at how his employer addressed him to (y/n). He slowly sat down on one of the bar stools. "Uh- Close. I can't legally say my name, but it rhymes with Jimothy," He answered whilst he became situated.

"Ah, Timothy. It suits you. Well, Timothy, what can I get you?"

Timothy smiled at their response before replying with, "A Piña colada? Please?"

(y/n) practically felt their heart melt at the innocent look of Timothy. Though he was the doppelgänger of Jack, they weren't like each other in the slightest. (y/n) nodded before getting his drink ready.

With their back turned, Timothy let his eyes wander over their form, he was ashamed to say that he was already thinking quite impure thoughts about this bartender. He hadn't had an emotional connection with someone this quickly ever, but Timothy wanted something much more than an emotional connection, but he was scared to say anything, to move fast.

Timothy forced his gaze away from (y/n)'s lovely assets to their face as they quickly turned back to face him with the drink ready with the cutest little umbrella as an accessory attached. Timothy chuckled lightly at the umbrella before he took a few sips of the drink.

(y/n) took to staring at the doppelganger as there weren't exactly any other customers in the bar at the moment.

Feeling a pair of eyes on him, Timothy turned his gaze from the bar to (y/n) as it looked like they were studying his every movement. Timothy slowly turned his head to the side in confusion as he finished off his drink.

"What are you staring at?"

(y/n) flushed lightly at getting caught so easily, they quickly turn away with a shy smile and start cleaning the bar in hopes of avoiding their consequence of staring.

Timothy smiled at the action of the bartender as he swirled his drink with the curly straw in deep thought. He just started this job, being a doppelganger, but if he had known that he would be stuck impersonating Jack for the next 3 decades, he would've never taken the job. Student loans be damned.

Timothy wasn't really one for bars as he didn't really care for all the loud music and flashing lights, but tonight the music was light and casual and the lights were dimmed instead of flashing and blaring. It was nice. And to top it off, he could stare at the cute bartender as much as he wanted to. But he had to know how Jack knew (y/n). Timothy of all people knew how bad the man was.