Starting Out

"Doctor, we have received reports on an anomalous energy reading in an uncharted location near Chernobog mobile city. We suspect Reunion is responsible, or at least involved, in this due to our scouts seeing their insignia at the outer layer of the location." Amiya reports as I sit on my chair, papers littering on my desk as I continue to read the finer contents of the report.

Seeing Reunion back in action brought along memories I would rather forget... But I shove them back in my mind and get back to work, listening to Amiya continuing her brief report on them. As I listen to her, I can feel myself grimacing at the sheer probability of this mission going south if we choose to confront them. Unknown hostiles, no knowledge of the area, no support from R.I due to this possibility being a covert mission already makes this a nightmare to coordinate but throwing in that anomalous energy? Might as well ask me to make miracles appear out of my hand.

I was about to deny the mission, seeing as its way too suicidal to go in there just to check out what the energy is while killing off the remaining Reunion cells, when Kal'tsit, a green haired lady with cat ears wearing a lab coat that hugged her body, entered through the door. Perfect timing for me to deny the mission.

Before I could say anything, Kal'tsit says,'' Before you reject the mission, we have information that all of the remaining Reunion cells have set up camp at that location with the new leader of Reunion personally leading them over there." Well, that changes things. If the new leader of Reunion is personally involved in this, then I can't deny it due to the chance of stopping Reunion, again, after Talulah was captured by us a few weeks ago.

"Alright alright, I will assemble the squad for the mission. I'm assuming you got the plan for the mission right, Kal?" I just accept the mission and ask Kal'tsit what the plan is for this mission.

"Tomorrow 0500, set off towards the location with your squad and few scouts. Maximum of 6 operators and 2 scouts are allowed for this mission as we don't want to be found by Chernobog's detection system and we need to not draw any more attention to us. For now." Kal'tsit briefly answers me while handing me the paper with the plan in it.

"Got it boss, now if you would excuse me, I need to go hunt for my squad members since I need to stretch my legs after all that paperwork." I got up from my chair and headed towards the door with Kal'tsit and Amiya following me behind. I look at Amiya with one of my eyebrows raised since she should have a few more paperwork to finish.

She notices it and says," You're not the only one feeling stiff doctor. I might as well accompany you to meet them while putting their names on record." She grabs a clipboard from a desk outside of the door as she walks behind me.

I nod at her, and we continue our track towards the dorm lounge where hopefully most of the operators I wanted are at this time of day. We arrived there and spotted Eyjafjalla, Mountain and Skadi are talking to each other while eating pizza at the table, which surprises me as they have nothing in common to talk about. I see Platinum entertaining herself by watching an anime about slice of life on the television since she is softly laughing to herself with a small smile lingering afterwards. Shining was supposed to be here for her break, but I guess she's still working over at the medical department. I walked over to the fridge and took out some beverages for me and Amiya, ice lemon tea and orange drink, then headed straight towards the pizza eaters.

"Nice to see you're socializing with other people, Skadi." I said as I pulled out a chair from under the table with Amiya copying me right next to me.

"I am answering her questions about my tales, doctor." Skadi softly replied since she is used to being alone and no communication with other people. Fortunately, I have managed to get her to open up to me and other people, but it will take some more time for her to break out of her shell.