Chapter 4

Qin raised alongside the sun, living for a few centuries had taught him something. The early bird gets the worm. He was going to train with Korra, try and see what him and Tenzin where going to have to deal with.

Speaking of the son of Aang, he should be arriving today from Republic City.

Walking out into the snow, Qin headed for the training grounds. Having long grown used to the frigid temperatures of the tundra, he didn't necessarily need to wear heavy clothing like some.

He had already informed the Avatar yesterday to meet him early in the morning at the training grounds.

Though he doubted he would see her, but as he made his way to the training grounds he was surprised to see Korra already waiting in the training grounds wearing some bending equipment. A big scowl planted on her face.

She wasn't a morning person.

But nonetheless he was caught off guard that she was even here, he was expecting to have to go wake her up.

Seems he didn't need to.

"Morning, Korra," Qin greeted her, his response was a grunt. 

"Evil," Korra said, clearly she didn't want to be here. At least not right now.

"You'll get used to it, anyway what's with the equipment?" He pointed at her current wardrobe as Korra looked at him confused.

"I wear it when I'm doing bending training." Qin just chuckled at her, "What something wrong?"

"No, just you won't be needing them for air bending."

"Sweet!" She happily said.

"That equipment will just get in the way, there won't be any actual bending for today." Qin stated making Korra look at him confused, "Were just gonna be getting the movements, before you bend air you gotta move like air."

"Really, we don't just bend?" Korra had been waiting to air bend for a long time, and they were just going to move around.

"This is how we start." Qin merely took on a position. Korra looked at him funny for a minute before sighing and mimicking his stance.

"So now what?" She asked.

"Just move." With that, Qin began slowly moving through motions. She followed his movements, he wasn't sure if she was noticing but he was steadily increasing the speed little by little so she wouldn't notice.

She was doing okay, Qin knew if he tried to make her do something like the gates, she'd probably ram right into them. For now it was best if he just tried to get her used to the movements.

Korra had gotten so into the movements that she didn't even notice that it was noon now. It was then that Qin decided to end their session, "Enough."

"Were stopping?" Korra stared at him, though it was clear she was somewhat tired with the sweat running down her face.

"Yeah, that's it for today." Qin turned his back to her, "I don't need you too tired to meet with Tenzin later, so go get some well deserved rest Avatar." He said walking away leaving her to herself.

...

That same day, just later in the evening the compound caught sight of a flying bison.

There currently was only one person in the world who had one of those, Tenzin. Qin stood side by side with Katara, witnessing the beautiful creature land. The sky bison brought back memories for Qin, they were a symbol of his people.

It brought some sadness.

Soon a tall man dismounted the creature, along with three children of varying ages. Two girls and one boy, it was a clear the girls were older. While the boy was snowing away on the man's shaven head.