TWENTY-EIGHT

Y/N woke up, unable to fully wrap her mind around what had happened to her. She stared blankly around the room, but refused to speak to anyone or eat. King Steven, her Mother, her Father, Peter, the doctors, even T'Challa and Thor, all tried to coax her into eating. But nothing worked. It was three days after she had returned to Alexandria, with something happened. King Steven was reading on a chair next to the bed in the Princess' room. He was trying to take Y/N's mind off of whatever it was thinking about. As he read, Steven was interrupted by sob that escaped Y/N unwillingly.

"Y/N?" He quickly set the book to the side and moved to sit on the bed. "Hey... it's okay, you're home now." He went to wipe some tears away when she winced, clenching her eyes shut.

"Please don't..." she whimpered, her voice raw. "Don't touch me..."

"Okay." He pulled his hand away. "I won't... Can I get you something to eat?"

She nodded twice, refusing to open her eyes. "Just... just make sure it's fresh," she said quietly, voice shaking. "And... and doesn't smell. I can't-" Her voice broke.

"You don't need to say anymore, Y/N. I understand. I'll go tell the kitchen myself. Okay?" She nodded. "I'll be right back."

The King hurried off, wanting to grant her request quickly so that he could get back to her side. As he rushed to the kitchen, he couldn't stop a few tears from escaping his eyes. Steven had seen her body, the bruises, the bites. But nothing prepared him for her flinching away from his touch, like he would physically hurt her. Which, he had hurt her wrist at one point. It was breaking his heart at the thought that Y/N might believe that he would harm her in the way Brock had.

The kitchen workers were delightedly that the Princess was ready to eat and more than welcomed the accommodations. On his way back, Steven stopped by King Anthony's office, to tell him the news. Steven found his friend staring out the window, hands clasped together behind his back. Steven cleared his throat to show his presence.

"Come in, Steve," Tony said, unmoving.

"I came to tell you that Y/N requested food."

Tony spun around. "Really?"

"Yes. But she was specific. They must of feed her scraps."

Tony's jaw set, angry at the thoughts that bombarded him of what his daughter had gone through. "Have you told the kitchen?"

"Yes."

"Good, good." Tony nodded, moving towards the door. "Let's not leave her alone then if she's willing to talk."

The Kings headed quickly to the Princess' room. She was still laying there, eyes closed and tears slipping down her checks. Tony was quick to sit next to her on the bed.

"Hey, there," he spoke softly.

"Father?" Y/N peaked her eyes open.

"Yes, my Princess. It's me."

He went to grab her hand, but she quickly moved it away. Tony and Steven shared a sad look.

"Please don't touch me..." she pled. "I can't... he..."

"It's okay. You don't need to talk about it and I'll make sure that everyone knows not to touch you."

Doctors Banner and Strange were the ones to bring in the food. After hearing that the Princess had requested it, they wanted to check on her. They informed her that the injuries were healing well, but it would still be a few weeks before they were completely gone. They recommended that she take a daily stroll outside, to get fresh air, and that she eat regularly.

All the men took their leave after, allowing the Queen and Wanda to come in and help the Princess bathe and treat her wounds. Y/N couldn't even glance at her reflection in the mirror. And, luckily, both the women helping her understood that she would want to wear a high neck, long sleeve dress until the wounds had healed. When she was finished changing, King T'Challa was waiting to accompany her on her daily stroll. T'Challa had fought both King Anthony and King Steven for it. But the Wakandan king won out due to the reason that the other two kings needed their rest.

T'Challa and Y/N strolled silently in the garden. The King was trying to keep a careful eye on the Princess without it being too obvious.

"You didn't need to join me, T'Challa," Y/N said quietly. "I could have gone on my own."

"I know that, but I have missed your company since you have left Wakanda," T'Challa responded. His eyes fell to her hands as he noticed that Y/N was tugging nervously at her sleeves. "I want you to know that you can talk to me, Princess. About anything. I plan on staying until your are better."

"I'm afraid that I will never get better... he... he did things to me... mentally and physically... he didn't... he never got to-"

"I understand. Continue."

"But he did other things... he hit me and he bit me... he forced his lips upon mine and his tongue into my mouth... he-he locked me up and tied me to a bed... I'm afraid that I will never let a man touch me again. And that-" Two tears slid down her face. "That breaks my heart because I am surrounded by gentle, caring men, that would never do anything to me. At least not to that extent... If I were to get married, to whoever, I'm afraid that I wouldn't let them touch me. That we could never actually be together because of him and I hate that. I hate Brock. I hate Alexander. I hate Loki. And I... I hate myself for letting this happen."

"You did not let this happen, Princess. Understand?" T'Challa moved in front of Y/N to stop her from walking. "Listen to me, Y/N. What happened to you was not your fault."

"Sadly, I'm afraid no one can change my mind on this T'Challa."

Her daily walks were never with the same people two days in a row. And each person tried to help her in a different way. Her Father would talk about the kingdom. Peter and Thor would try to make her laugh. Her Mother would talk about the garden and the things she wished to change. T'Challa never got her to open up after that first stroll, but did entertain her with things about Wakanda. And King Steven... well, she didn't have the heart to tell him that she didn't think that they would ever work, so they walked silently. Steven was just happy to be near her.

As the days since her rescue grew, so did the blame she had for herself. Those close to her could see that the light in her eyes had not come back, and they were beginning to worry it might not ever. One night, Y/N had gone to bed early so everyone else gathered in a sitting room to talk about ways to help.

"She could spend some time in Wakanda," T'Challa suggested. "She seemed to enjoy it the first time, it might do some good."

"I don't think it's wise to take her away from Alexandria just yet," King Anthony stated, shaking his head.

"I think T'Challa has a point, Tony," Steve said from his chair. He was leaning forward, legging bouncing anxiously. "Y/N loved the beach and the village she spent time in, in Brooklyn. It might be good for her to get out."

"I think that they have a point, Tony," the Queen spoke up, moving to stand beside her husband. "It might be nice for her to have a change of scenery. We could go too, so that we wouldn't be far. Though, it should be up to her in the end."

"Fine," Tony sighed. "But we go with her. And no one lets her out of their sight."