𝙷 𝙾 𝙶 𝚆 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝚂

I was really excited when I had gotten my Hogwarts letter on my eleventh birthday in June. 
My parents had gone there, and so had my grandparents. Everybody in my family had gone to Hogwarts, and my cousin Theodore would be going with me. 
I had heard all about the great school and the headmaster, I had heard all about the classes and professors, even the ghosts that haunt the halls. 
I knew everything. So naturally, I was ecstatic when I got my letter. 

"Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." I say, reading the title one last time, a huge grin on my face. 

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart!" My mum says, wrapping me up in a hug. "You'll have so much fun!" 

"Especially with quidditch." My father says, giving me a wink. 

"She will do no such thing!" My mother scolds him, giving him a small glare. "That sport is way too dangerous. Do you know how many people have gotten concussions and brain damage from that bloody game?!" 

I snicker at her concern, getting out of her hold. "I won't play, but I will be at every game. It seems interesting." I say with a shrug. 

My father smirks at my mother and she playfully rolls her eyes. 
"Besides," I say. "I'm more concerned about which house I'll be sorted into.. my roommates .. and the classes-"

"You'll do great Rene'," Mum says. "Don't stress too much. And Theo will be there Incase you get into any trouble." She reassures with a smile, rustling my hair.
I smile up at her, wondering about what Hogwarts would actually be like. 
_____

my room was dim, the only thing lighting it was the light from my wand. I wanted to practice some of the basic spells before I started school. I had been waiting my whole life for this, and I really wanted to pass my classes. 

"What was it again...?" I mutter to myself, making sure not to make too much noise, the walls being thin. "Expelliarmus." I mutter, pointing it at a stuffed rabbit that held a quill. 
The quill flies into my hand, making me smile. "I'll be the best student at Hogwarts." 

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs, causing me to scurry to my bed, pulling the covers over my head and curling up in a ball. 
The door opens and I see my mother's silhouette, a candle in her hand. 

She shakes her head with a small chuckle, crouching down in front of my bed and picking up the wand that I had left on the floor, along with the stuffed rabbit and quill. She comes over to the bed, pulling the cover back and rubbing my hair, placing a kiss on my head, and then fixing my blankets a little so they cover my whole body. 

"I love you, Rene'." She whispers against my head, then leaves the room. 
_____

My mother had told me about the trip to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts express, and while it sounded amazing, I wasn't as intrigued by it, not until I actually saw it. 
It was painted both black and red, witches and wizards climbing onto it and waving a 'good-bye' to their parents. 

I studied the way the sunlight would shine off of the train, and the way that the smoke would come out of the top. 
The train chooed as a final 5-minute warning before take-off. 

I hug my parents and then hop onto the train, bringing my trunk and owl along with me. 
I sigh as I get on, looking down the slim hallway to figure out which compartment I'd sit in. 

I was without my parents for the first time in my life. Finally by myself... well... sorta. 

"Rene'!" I hear Theo's voice. I look up, seeing him sticking his head out of a compartment, waving to me. 
I smile and walk over, stepping inside and getting tackled with a hug by him. He'd always been pretty affectionate, despite coming from a not-so-affectionate family. "Are you excited?!" He asks, a dorky smile on his face.