the days following

The days following my moms death were the worst days i had ever processed, at the time. I sat in my room,I wasn't on my phone or anything, I was just staring at my wall. The missed messages collected over days, which I wouldn't check until the fifth day. I didn't go to school either, no one had the energy to make me. On the fifth day it got better, I talked to Jake again, Oliver too, Junior as well, and Lexy just wanted to make me feel better. People delivered meals to my house, they left "sorry for your loss" cards for me. Half of which I never opened to this day, though what do I do much of to this day? The day my mom died feels like forever ago, my presently speaking, not the stories present. Death wasn't scary, it seems scary and it hurts more than anything to have someone you love so much gone from you, but as I think its peaceful. I imagine it to be just endless peace after you pass, nothing bad can happen then.

---------------

I went back to school on the sixth day.

Everything felt normal but yet everything was off. Once police figured out the cause of death was murder, that news spread like wild fire. People no longer felt safe, which was understandable someone had just gotten murdered. 

People stared. When people stare you just have to stare back for them to stop, they don't like when you stare back at them. 

Jake approached me slowly, not in a creepy way but a cautious way, "I have something to give you" , he handed me a small box with a letter taped to it, "Its from Junior" 

Why Junior would give me a gift was the biggest question at the moment. Why Jake would give it to me was the second. I didn't open it as I took it from Jake, instead I placed it in my locker adn went about the time. 

"Thats very nice of him" I nodded and smiled to Jake. 

---------------------

As I got home later that day I opened it. I opened the small note first before the gift.

" Dear Lydia,

I am incredibly sorry for your loss. I hope this makes you feel a little better.

- Junior "

I laid the note aside me and opened the box. In there placed a necklace with a moon pendent dangling from a silver chain. It was absolutely gorgeous. I had never thought Junior to be that nice before. I had only heard stories of him and Jake though. Junior being a nice guy seemed out of place but so fitting. 

I picked it up and clasped it around my neck. A single tear fell down my cheek, it was the most thoughtful gift I had gotten in a while.

--------------------

Junior

                                  thank you for the necklace, it means a lot -

- i'm glad you like it :)

- i remember you saying you liked moons the most

--------

Junior was a good guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AN

filler chapter :(

also blair updating a story two days in a row???????????????? unheard of