Sokka (ATLA) ⚠️ Trust F

Fem reader 

Fire nation- fire bender

Summary/Background Info: Y/n met the Gaang while they were visiting the village she was living in. She had just moved there due to her home town in the fire nation not being safe. She ended up joining them, and has been going with them on their adventures. She eventually caught feelings for Sokka, a water tribe boy. While she is a fire bender, she thought that the gang had moved past that fact and learned to trust her. But one day she overhears a conversation between Sokka and the others....

Angst

1st Person POV (Y/n POV)

I walked down the little dirt path, with a handful of berries in my hands. While it wasn't much food,  I was hoping it was enough as we had been struggling to hunt for food the past few days. 

I saw the gaang up ahead, and they seemed to have already set up camp. They all sat around in a circle, talking amongst themselves, and Appa and Momo were off to the side, napping. As I approached them, I noticed how serious, and almost frustrated, they seemed. 

'Must be planning something, seems like a pretty serious conversation.'

However as I got closer, it became clear that they weren't making new plans, but instead talking about...me?

"Sokka, you're being ridiculous!" Katara said.

"I'm being ridiculous!? Katara she is from the fire nation, she may as well be a spy!"

I could feel my heart drop. 

 I quickly hid behind a nearby tree, hoping they hadn't seen me yet. 'What does he mean?'

"I'm not so sure Sokka..."

"Aang, c'mon. She's a fire bender! She's probably been collecting information on us, and sending it back to the fire lord!"

'What....'

"Didn't you think the same thing about twinkle toes when you first met?"

"Yeah but he wasn't from the fire nation.". Sokka argued. Toph rolled her eyes. "Oh please. You do this all the time- we meet someone new, you think they're a spy, and they end up being completely harmless." She replied, crossing her arms. I smiled slightly, despite the new tears that I felt forming in my eyes. 'Thank you, Toph..'

"Sokka, she has done nothing but help us since she's gotten here. Just cause she's a fire bender doesn't mean shes a bad person-" Katara began, but Sokka, once again, cut her off. "She's not trustworthy. We met her almost a month ago, and we still know nothing about her or her family. How can't you guys see that's a red flag?" 

Tears rolled down my cheeks, and my fists clenched, squashing the berries that I was holding. I didn't move from my spot behind the tree, too hurt by the words that someone who I thought was my friend- someone who I had feelings for, had just said.'Why doesn't he trust me....'

It's always been a problem for me. Back in the village where I met the 'gaang', few people trusted me there. It was a village in the earth kingdom, so I was a bit out of place, being the only person of the fire nation there. When I met Aang and the others, I thought it was a chance to start over. To redeem myself, and my nation. But I guess not. 

More tears fell as I silently cried, and my hands were now covered in the purple-ish substance that used to be sweet berries. The others were still arguing, about me. My heart ached in my chest, and the tears continued to spill.

I have liked Sokka since the minute I saw him. He always seemed so sweet, and funny, and while I knew he hated the fire nation, I thought that I had at least proved myself to him. 

"I don't understand why.....when has she ever....you're being ridiculous....." I could barely hear their argument anymore, their voices being drowned out by my thoughts. I couldn't take it anymore. So I left. I wandered into the forest, wiping my hands off on my pants. 

I wiped my tears, leaving a few smudges of purple on my cheeks. Eventually I found a small clearing, and sat on a large rock that laid under a tree. I sat there for a while, thoughts flooding my brain. 

'He hates you'

'You'll never get it right"

'This is your fault'

'Quit trying, it's not gonna work.'

The tears began to flow again, no matter how hard I tried to stop them. I buried my face in my hands, sobbing quietly. "What am I doing wrong..."

After what felt like hours, I heard someone's voice in the distance. "Y/n!"

I recognized the voice- it was Katara. I could hear her foot steps getting closer, until eventually they were only a few feet away. I looked up, my tear-stained face meeting hers. When she saw me, she seemed a bit taken aback, but she then looked at me with sympathy. She came closer and sat next to me on the rock, before pulling me close to her chest.

I wrapped my arms around her torso and cried. She began to rub my back lightly, helping me to calm down. "I-i'm sorry..." I sobbed into her chest. "Y/n you don't have to be sorry about anything, Sokka's being a jerk." She reassured me, hugging me tighter. 

We stayed there for what felt like hours, nothing but the sounds of my sobs filling the air. "I promise you we'll figure this out.." she whispered, swaying back and forth slightly. I nodded, not trusting myself to say something. 

I was very grateful for Katara. It was clear now it would take lots of time for Sokka to trust me, and as much as that broke my heart I needed to just accept it. It was good knowing the others had my side on this, but this would affect the way the team worked now. 

Sokka can't trust me, and Katara is really good at holding grudges against him. So he won't be able to work well with me or her. Things will be awkward. Ant won't know what to say, and Toph will say something rude to set Sokka off. Nothing will work well anymore, and I knew it.

....

And it was all my fault....

Um, so hi 😃.

Uh I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and goodbye <3