02 The Dark

400 AD
Gupta Empire

I'm dreaming. Edalia thought to herself. She smiled at the man that stood in front of her, the man she had known for years. The love of her life, she wanted to spend her entire life with him.
  Ikaris smiled back at her, holding her hands as the priest who was marring them spoke.
   "May the Gods hereby bond you in matrimony," he looked across from them, at the other Eternals. "Congratulations."
    Ikaris cupped her cheeks and kissed her, gently. He smiled.
   Edalia had always loved everything about ikaris, from his white streak, his charming bright eyes, to his feet. Everything. She wanted to risk it all for him.
   The man she knew, a caring boy who did no wrong; a leader, Ajak was the leader but Eda had always seen Ikaris as their leader. Her leader, always and forever.
   The other Eternals stood and smiled watching, Sprite didn't look happy whatsoever, Gilgamesh smiling proudly, Kingo almost about to laugh, Druig, no facial expression, Makkari politely smiling although was distracted by Herakles' crying.
   Herakles wiped his face with his sleeve. "I hate weddings." He held his face to Ajak's shoulder, she sighed and patted his back. "It's so beautiful."
   "Oh quit being such a child," Sprite mumbled looking up at him.
   "Says the child," Herakles looked at her sitting up straighter. Sprite kicked him in the shin. "OW!"
   "Both of you, stop," Phastos snapped.
  Herakles looked down, he didn't find this wedding beautiful, whatsoever. He hated it. That man, Ikaris, had taken the girl HE loved, he had been close with Edaliah from the beginning and he never stopped. He bit his lip, looking at Ikaris and Eda again.
  They were happy, holding each others hands, wearing a ring, a ring that bonded them together, a symbol of love. Herakles felt as if he would never feel that, not with Edaliah... not even the other girl he loved dearly, the girl he was too cowardice to talk to, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She stood by Druig, grasping their hands together, happy. The kind of happy he felt he would never experience.
   The only thing he could was be happy for them.

"I cant believe it, I dreamed about this for years," Edalia exclaimed to Herakles later that day. "He's like a dream. So perfect."
   Herakles smiled. "Is he now?" he couldn't look into her eyes, her beautiful grey eyes. That was something he loved about her, and her smile, her smile could have brightened up an entire room.
  "Did I make the right descision?" Eda asked, hesistantly, looking down, pulling at her sleeves.
   "Are you happy?" Herakles asked looking into her eyes a bit, she gazed into his, sharing a moment.
  She broke the contact and nodded. "Yeah, really happy, he makes me so happy."
   "Then you made the right choice," he whispered, kissing her head brotherly.
   Ikaris walked over taking Edalia's hand. Unlike Eda, Ikaris knew very well that Herakles liked Edalia. "No hard feelings?" Ikaris looked at him.
   Herakles gave a tight lipped smile and nodded. "Not at all, no. Congratulations man." He turned walking away, bumping right into Makkari.
  'You need to watch where your going.' she signed, but was smiling happily.
  'Sorry Makkari, lost in thought I guess,' he signed back. 'Tired.'
  'Sit down, you will feel better,' Makkari motioned for him to sit down.
'You look very beautiful,' Herakles signed to her, shyly.
  'So do you, but I just look better,' she signed jokingly as he chuckled very lightly.
   Then they talked for a very long time.

  Ikaris took Eda's hand. "Well my darling, we have the entire day to ourselves.. what would you like to do with it?" He whispered.
   Eda smiled very lightly and happily. She looked around, the sun was about to set. "We could watch the sky... look at the stars.." she looked at him.
   "Of course," Ikaris nodded.
  He did keep his word. Late that night, he had laid out a beautiful patterned blanket down and was sitting waiting for her.
   She sat beside him and leaned on his shoulder, shivering softly. "It's peaceful when the suns gone." She whispered.
  "Why is that?" Ikaris asked looking at her in admiration.
   "Because the stars can't burn or hurt your eyes. And it doesn't burn your skin.. the sun causes pain. But the stars are beautiful and you can look at it and enjoy it's beauty..." she told him in a quiet whisper.
  "The stars are as beautiful as you are my girl," Ikaris kissed her cheek.
  "I do hate the dark.... It's lonely and you can't see," she whispered, playing with the end of her hair.
   He took her hand. "You won't be alone, I can promise you that... not alone in the dark."
  "Your my light," she kissed him as they listened to the bugs twerp.