The Pridestalker.

The day was cold, prey was still plentiful, I was stalking breakfast when I heard it... The usual sound of flesh ripping followed by the sound of gushing blood.

I felt the anger seethe in me. Who dares hunt in MY territory!?

Then... Another question... WHAT dares hunt in my territory?

What was that... Thing? I followed it stealthily, watched as it continued hunting, it resembled a giant preying mantis... Except... Purple? It's claws were enormous for it's size, scythe like, it had two racks of spikes on it's shoulders...

Now I'm not one for eating bugs, but I never turn down a trophy... Especially a worthy head from worthy prey.

I watched as it ran up behind a tree to sneak up on an unaware deer, when suddenly...

I had to forcefully suppress the sound I almost let escape out of surprise, that... Thing.... Just went invisible?

In the next moment I felt a disturbance to my side, and out the beast leaped, I rolled to my side as it dug it's claws into the ground where I was.

I looked at it, and it's claws, were they glowing? They seemed to have some kind of radiance to them.

It stared at me for a while, grinned, and with a faint *vorp* sound went invisible again, reappearing a second later right infront of me, it slashed with it's claws but I deflected with my Hunter's knife, it back stepped easily and leaped at me, knocking me to the ground and plunging it's claw into my eyeball, I was able to kick it off before it got any deeper.

what IS this thing!?

Whatever it was I've had enough of it.

With a roar that as part pain and part rage I jumped on it, determined for it's head on my wall.

It shrieked in raspy agony as I drove my claws deep in it's thigh and as I posed to strike at it's neck, I noticed the spikes on it's shoulders swelling and had no time to react as the as the spikes flew across my torso, staggering me a little, in my dizzy haze caused by the venom I saw him attempting to hobble away, limping, I had one eye and it was dizzy from massive blood loss and intoxicating venom, so I dont know what I expected when I threw my bola at his feet just before falling to my side, the last thing I saw before blacking out was the blood from my bad eye running in a stream covering my good eye.

CH #1 FIN