6.

**Alex's POV**

Why is the day not ending yet?

I closed my eyes as today's event passed through them. I'm married to a girl I don't even know properly. I know I will never be able to love her. Then why did you marry her? The question itself was enough to make guilt flood through me. I regret it. I regret the day I met her. She doesn't deserve this. If only I wouldn't have met her that day. If only this wasn't necessary to keep the company. Then she would've been with someone who'd love her. And not me.

To her this is some business deal which cost her her life but to me, it was a rebound. This
marriage was a rebound. To say feel pathetic would be an understatement. How could I be that selfish?

I clenched my jaw as I felt a presence behind me.

Her presence.
Anger. Pure anger flooded through me as I
looked at her dressed in that green gown looking directly at me with those blue eyes of her's filled with tears. I rolled my eyes at her fake tears. Ignoring her presence I headed towards the door when she held my arms.

"Al please." Her voice pleading.
More like a beg. I gulped at her broken voice. Don't. Don't let her affect you. I jerked her hand away as I continued walking only for her to wrap her arms around my torso from behind.

"Al please. I'm sorry please." She whispered
sobbing. At that moment if it were for the old me who was once in love with this girl, he would've just wrapped her in his arms and muttered soothing words in her ears, but too bad it's not.

"Stop." I was done. I was truly done with her acting skills. She didn't listen and just pressed her body closer to me.

"I said stop Sophia." I said through gritted teeth. She pulled away and tugged on my arm, looking at me through her tearful eyes while I just stared back at her expressionless.

"Al, please! It's was a mistake okay! I've
apologized a million times, what more do you want me to do. Tell m- -" Wrong move.
"Well I don't think fucking around with another man is a mistake."
"I didn't sleep with him, I--"
"It dosen't matter, its the same thing. You were still cheating on me."
"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I really love you Al."
I clenched my jaw as I grabbed her arm pulling her closer to me.
"3 years. 3 years of my life, I spent loving you, giving you every thing you ever wished for and your cheating with that pathetic apology?"
"Al please I'm sorry."

This woman standing here was the only person
who held that special place in my heart. I didn't ever think that I would have to be in a situation where in I would feel so pathetic about myself and my choices.

"I love you." She whispered as she came closer to me, our faces inches apart. I clenched my jaw and turned my head to the other side. Her hands held both of mine in a tight grip as she bought herself closer.
"I really do." I felt her press a soft kiss against my neck.
"She won't be able to love you like I do, she won't make you happy like I do."

She said bring me out of my trance. He voice sounding a bit envious. I frowned at her statement.Kissing my jaw one last time, her hand rested on my cheek as she made me look into those green orbs. I looked at her as she stood on her tip toes bringing her face closer to mine she closed her eyes and to my dismay so did I.

"You'll never love her like you love me."

My eyes shot open as I freed myself from her grip pushing her away, a little too harshly than
intended.

But what shocked me were the brown eyes looking at me with so much innocence and understanding. Her eyes showed regret, pain and fear. And it doesn't take a genius to know the reason why. It was pretty clear she blamed herself for breaking a 'perfect relationship' but little did she know you can't break what's already broken.

Before I could react she turned away and left. I was about to run after her when Sophia grabbed my hands the expression on her face now changed, gone was the regretful and hurt face, instead her eyes were burning furiously. Pure anger radiated through her features as she gave me an disgusted look.

"I'm trying to sort everything out between us and here you are running after her. Don't you just get it! I love you and I want you back!"

"I don't want you back! I want nothing yo do with you."

"So that's why you did this? You are taking this marriage as nothing but a fling that can get me off your mind and that is all that this marriage will ever be that is all she'll ever be."

As much as I wanted to deny it I couldn't. It was the truth.

I sighed.

"I don't have time for this."
"Al please, you know you still love me. You always have you always will."

I didn't bother replying, what could I say? That she was right. That I don't think I'll ever love anyone like I loved her that as fucked up as it is I think I'll love her.

Hey Guys,
Hope you like this chapter. I'd love to know about your thoughts! Please vote, comment and follow.