Exile

"I think I've seen this film before

And I didn't like the ending"

He said it was too soon. She said it was a long time coming. So they parted; until fate decided to play out. Only the mind cannot be sent into exile.

Holden saw her before anyone else. He saw her laughing with him, but he had known her long enough to see the slight lines on her forehead and deduce the duplicity of the laugh. He thought that it ended too fast. They both knew they weren't right for each other, but confronting the inevitable was too painful. He saw right through her, just like he did all those years ago. Her charade of ignoring him was useless when she finally met his eyes.

Eloise knew the razor-sharp gaze fixed on hers was not her boyfriend's. She knew that voice from miles away; it had serenaded her with sweet promises, now forgotten, not too long ago. She had known that it was ending. She had given him millions of signs, but he didn't understand. Now, he was here, at their friends' wedding, staring needles into the man that accompanied her. She observed how his fists clenched wishing that he would be the one next to her. If she was completely honest, she did too. But it was too much. The sting of the love was more than the joy. It had destroyed both of them, piece by piece, and left them scarred. But moving on was important. She had to forgive him and confront him, sooner or later. So she turned and met his gaze...

Second one. Finally done!! Also thank you to everyone who read and voted. This one's for you guys! Also, I'm sorry if I interpreted this song a little different. I felt that the original meaning would be too sad.