Twenty First Trial

Sorry, I can't update last week. I've been sick. 

Enjoy Reading! 

BRYSON 21

SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADE 11 

Candace woke up, feeling unwell. Her throat aches, her eyes felt sore, and her body feels hot. She can hear her alarm ringing on the side, but unlike the usual that she will throw it somewhere until it stops on ringing, then she will get up to prepare for school, now, she just ignored it.

Not that she wanted to ignore the alarm, but she can't find the strength to be irritated, and throw it somewhere. Pakiramdam niya ay wala siyang lakas, at tamad na tamad siya. She can feel her head throbbing, and she's not a kid not to know why she's feeling like this.

Of course, she's sick.

She would get sick because of what she did last night. Alam niyang nakita ni Bryson ang ginawa niya sa certificate niya, but she's scared that Bryson wouldn't let it pass like what he did the past few days, almost two weeks ever since he lost in the contest.

Alam niyang pinagbibigyan lang siya ni Bryson pero alam niyang hindi ito makakapag-pigil. She knows that Bryson has his limits too, and there's a huge chance that he will confront right there and then, not because he wanted to know, but because he's worried.

After all this time, Bryson losing the contest made her realized things. A huge slap, and maybe—or not maybe, Diane was right. Siguro noon ay hindi niya pa nahahalata, pero ngayong may sumampal na sa kaniya sa katotohanan ay natauhan na siya.

Bryson will always put her above everything. He will prioritize her once and foremost, regardless of his feelings, regardless of them being best friends but because she's Candace—at kahit nag-usap pa silang dalawa na future before friendship, at hinding-hindi siya uunahin ni Bryson ay alam niyang kahit kailan ay hindi iyon nangyari.

She realized it just now... and if Bryson wouldn't fulfill their promise to each other, then she will.

And she will start by distancing herself to him, like what she did yesterday. Pinilit niya ang sarili na mag-commute, at maulanan...kahit wala siyang pakialam, kahit natatakot siya, at kahit alam niyang mag-aalala si Bryson kapag nakita siya. She has to do has to do it, or else, she will completely ruin Bryson one way or another, if she won't stop.

Afterall, sanay naman siyang mag-isa.

Most of her life, it has always been her... aside from Bryson.

And if distancing herself to them... to Bryson means making him better, and stopping Bryson from ruining him further, kahit mahirap, at kahit alam niyang wala siyang ibang masasandalan sa gagawin niya ay mas pipiliin niya 'yon.

The ringing of her alarm stopped, but Candace did nothing to move. Masyadong mabigat ang pakiramdam niya para bumangon kahit gustuhin niya pa. She can also feel heaviness on her chest, but she just ignored it. Ang ginaw na nararamdaman niya ay mas lalong lumala. Nang-hihina man ay mas lalo niyang isiniksik ang kumot sa katawan niya, at muling pumikit.

It's a good thing that she's sick. She doesn't have to go to school, and see Bryson or Macey because she knows that they are already worried as it is, and distancing herself to them will be tough. Alam niyang hindi papayag ang mga iyon—and taking every possibility not to seem them, so they would get used to her, not being around is a good thing.