Chance

Lasiren ran out and helped me to my feet.

Delani sat there holding his shoulder in pain.

"What the hell happened ?" Lasiren's face filled with confusion.

"Jay happened.. " I spoke softly.

"How you know? " Delani asked.

"Cause he's crazy.. but that's not important. We need to get you to a hospital. "

"Hell nah barely. No. Ion do hospitals. How my black ass finna look in the hospital with a bullet wound? Just give me some vodka, some bandages, a towel, and a bucket of water. "

The process looked painful but it happened Pretty quickly.

I went to sleep without talking to anyone. Alot was on my mind.

The next Morning delani sat up waiting for me to wake.

"Are you going home today? " I asked.

"Wasn't planning on it." He replied nonchalantly.

"You should "

"Why? "

" Because I'm Nothing but trouble. I DON'T deserve you. I don't want anything else happening to you... just.. Stop talking to me. Please. " tears threatened to fall.

" wait. Hold on. If you didn't deserve me, I wouldn't still be here. Nothing else is gonna happen to me, nor you, and I can't just Stop talking to you. Why? Cause I love you Layla! What don't you get about that?! "

"I love you too. And that's why I'm trying to save you."

"Is this really what you want? What about our friendship? " he spoke just above a whisper.

"Let me sort things out..Please "

Tears wouldn't Stop flowing.

He sat there holding me tight for at least three minuets, the whole time he fought back his tears.

He kissed my forehead softly and left.

Something in me told myself to call Jay.

"Yea? "

"I'm done. I tried fighting you off, but I just can't. I'm done. You just had to steal my little bit of happiness. What is it that you want from me? One moment you wanna be with me, the next you don't. And I don't appreciate the way you're been acting towards me lately. But I love you with every cell in my body. But you treat me like shit. I try to be the best person I can for you, but if you can't treat me right.. then ima need you to steer clear of me and my child forever. " I cried.

He sighed. "Look lay, I love you, and I've put you through alot, you're the mother of my kid, and I damn sure want him to know his father, and I never ment to hurt you, but ima fight for what I love, and I love you and my seed, I never ment to lay a finger on you the wrong way, and I wanna be with you, hopefully one day marry yo ass. And I'm Sorry for calling you out ya name, I promise it'll never happen again. And delani was wrong for trying to take What's mine, and I spazzed. My bad."

I waited for him to continue.

"Where do we stand man? Are you still mine?"

"Do you think you deserve me? "

"Not only do I deserve you.. I need you and my child. I need y'all back man.. let me do right by yall this time " he begged.

"I'll consider.. but swing by so we can talk face to face "

"Be there In thirty "

thirty minutes later he was standing in my doorway with tons of bags and His luggage. The bags were filled with clothes, milk, toys, and Pampers.

"Thank you."

"Yeen gotta thank me. This my kid we talking bout "

"So wassup? "

"Listen. I wanna be with you. And ima give you one more chance. But I'm telling you. Don't fuck this up this time Jayden."

He promised he wouldnt and hugged me tight.

I knew i was wrong and i was making a big mistake but it felt so right.

"But listen.. we can only be together under one condition."

"Shoot."

"You WILL let me talk to delani. He's my bestfriend regardless.

"Thats cool as long as yall do--"

"We wont jay.."

"Then alls cool."

"Great. So. Ima be back.. im leaving out for a little"

"Where you going?"

"Out." And with that i left. I had to make things right with delani.