Chapter 3: I just want to be sure

Oh hhheeeeyyyyy. I'm sorry for having been gone a while. I was dealing with some personal stuff, so I had to set this on hold. But now I'm ready to continue on! Happy to see that people have been waiting for new chapters. And also sorry for the wait. Enjoy

Okay, the plan is simple. I find Stealth elf, and tell her that some people have this wild accusation that I have a crush on her, and then ask her to tell me that I obviously don't have a crush on her and that I instead have some kind of mental disease that just happens trigger whenever I'm near her. Then we laugh it off. Boom! Everything is fixed, and we can continue on as normal. There's no chance this will end up going horribly wrong. Nope!

These were Spyro's thoughts as he flew around in the sky above the academy. Having Purposely ignored whatever Hugo had yelled after him as he flew away, he was now on the lookout for Stealth elf. Just like his entire plan in his head, he hadn't considered how he was going to exactly find Stealth elf, as there were already other students walking around, and also, she was a ninja. But continued flying around, keeping his eyes on the ground. More than once was he about to fly into a small island floating in the sky with him.

Out of sheer conviction or sheer dumb luck, he finally managed to find Stealth elf. Without even considering to think for a moment about what he was going to do, he flew down towards the ground, like a purple, winged rocket.

He barely managed to stop his fall, when he stood a few meters behind her. Stealth elf had stopped in her tracks, probably trying to guess what heavy object had just landed behind her. After brushing off the dust from the fall, he sat down, going over his plan for a second time.

...Yep, everything seems to be in order. Now I just have to say hello, ask her, and then everything will fall into place. Just say...hello.

As he was about to open his mouth, he noticed Stealth elf was slowly turning around. Suddenly, everything he had prepared to say fell apart, like a badly constructed cupboard.

Oh no, what am I doing?! This isn't going to work at all! Why did I think it was going to work! Why did I even think this was a good idea at all!? Okay, calm down Spyro. You're slick, you can get out of this one. Even if she's turning around just now, I can still make a getaway. I just have to jump over her at the exact moment she's turned around, and while she is confused, I quickly fly away and-oh she's looking at me.

"Spyro! I've been looking all over the academy for you." Stealth elf said, with a hint of concern in her voice.

"For me? Oh, you shouldn't have, heh heh..." Spyro said, waving his hand dismissively, as he felt himself slowly breaking down from an unseen weight, that was trying to crack him open like an egg.

Whether it was kindness or worry, Stealth elf decided to leave alone Spyro's weird mannerisms. For now.

"Well...I did, and I must say, you're either way better at hiding than I thought, or I have been getting sloppier."

"Hey now, I wouldn't want you to think less of yourself, so let's just say I have a certain untapped potential."

"In the heroic skill of hiding?" Stealth elf playfully commented. Spyro tried his best to figure out a comeback.

"I...wouldn't exactly put it like that but...wait, isn't that just what you do?"

"Oh, it is." She replied with crossed, and so self-assured, that Spyro knew she was going to do something to follow her words up with.

"But...there's a clear distinction between what I do, and what you do."

"Which is?" Spyro skeptically asked.