1. Alisha

Alisha was raised in a house full of dancers

Alisha was raised in a house full of dancers. There was never a day when her mother or an aunt didn't take her by the hands and waltz or boogie around the room with her. From the first light to the last, music was playing.

It flowed through them and between them in a way that was stronger than the temple's walls. She was dancing again every time she heard those old tunes in the years to come, dancing with those women who loved her more than the rising sun.

When Alisha moved in dance, it was as if it were the only way her body knew how to communicate. She was guarded verbally, and no matter where she was, she would shrink and fade into the background.

On stage, her personality and sensuality exploded into the most vibrant depiction of a beautiful soul.
To dance was to be free, to be a blossoming flower or a flying bird.

Feeling the movement was a breath of fresh air for her body and nutrition for her fatigued soul. Alisha could dance till her sweat spilled onto the glossy wood, revealing pink cheeks in my mirror.

Sebastian watched her move to the music that was filling the gymnasium and was slightly crackling from the old cassette recorder. For the most part, her only audience was that ancient music machine, staring at her with those two dusty black eyes.

As she turned, her gaze was drawn to him, who was less adept at hiding in the shadows than she was. He lowered his eyes for a brief period before returning them, his head inclined to one side and a hopeful smile on his lips.

She returned his smile before stopping to dance and turning off the music to then approach him. Sebastian took a firm stance, as if he was defending himself. His hands were in the pockets of his suit pants. His gaze was fixed on her, as she noticed.

One thing Alisha was good at was to read people. Not read their mind, but read their posture, their voice before even hearing it, their smile and their eyes. She was happy to thank overthinking and overanalyzing for the gift, and she knew she wouldn't let her gift go to waste.

He appeared to be the type of young guy others looked up to, not because he said something special, but because he made everyone feel comfortable. He had a natural ability to lead.

When she comes close enough to his eyes, no single aspect makes him any more attractive. People talk about eye color as if it were important, yet his eyes would be stunning in any shade. They have an intensity, an honesty, and a softness about them.

Perhaps this is what it means to be a gentleman, one with tremendous energy and noble ways, not one of weakness or trite politeness. What makes Alisha want to experience how his lips move in a kiss, how his hands follow the curves of her body.

He had the kind of expression on his face that made Alisha stop in her tracks. She supposed he's become familiar with people's natural expressions, pausing when they look his way, then compensating with a careless gaze and a feeble smile.

The blush that followed it was, of course, a dead giveaway. It didn't help that he was so modest about it; it only added to the girls' attraction to him. He was a one-woman-man who valued authenticity and serious dialogue over lipstick and high heels despite all the opportunities that came his way.

As for Sebastian, he couldn't help but let his eyes glide past her curves of softness. She was and is the most astonishing girl he's ever met. She had safe eyes, perhaps that's the best way to say it.

She had a beauty that made those billboard-princesses look as paper thin as they are, she was something robust and real. Age can't touch that kind of beauty, it's just there.

Sebastian couldn't hold himself back when he said "you dance magnificently".

Alisha held back a gasp at the sound of his voice. It was hollow, calm and dark. His voice ignited sparks within her, she cleared her throat to respond "thanks".

Sebastian was taken back by her dry response. So he knew not only did she not who he is, but also she didn't care. He didn't know how to start a conversation again. Perhaps he should try what he came here for. "I've booked this room from seven until eleven tonight"

Alisha looked up to acknowledge the man in front of her. She could help but wander what a man of his style would need this room for. "You do now.. you here for dance lessons?"

Sebastian sighed heavily. "Not like it's any of your business, but yes my family and i have got dance lessons."

Alisha's heart started beating. Was this the groom of the bride? Is he the one she's supposed to teach ballroom dancing this evening? "For?" She asked, looking away from the man figure.

"You know it's not really any of your business" Sebastian said, before continuing. "So please get out, so my sister and her fiance can enjoy their dance lesson".

She let out a sigh of relief. He wasn't the one getting married. Alisha just responded with "for a wedding then". Her eyes looked around the room before meeting his eyes.

"You should get out now" Sebastian said, leaning towards her. Before she could say a word another girl, who looks like the man in front of her. Rosie she thought. Rosie very quickly acknowledged her existence by saying "you're Alisha right?".  Alisha nodded towards the man's sister.

Alisha could help but look at the man's expression. The way his shoulders tensed and his jaw was hanging out of surprise. He didn't look so smug any more. Slowly more and more people got in and she did her instruction.

"Hey everyone! I'm Alisha baker and I'll be you're dance instructor today. Please find your partner's, and if you don't have one stand to the left."