Chapter 6: The Night at Bulk's

It had been three hours since Miko fell asleep on the floor. Her phone read that it was already ten after nine back home on Earth. Ratchet and Knock Out were busy on trying to figure out this new toxic combination of Tox-En and the other substance.

        Knock Out turned to look at Miko for a moment before asking Rachet, "She has been in power down for a long time now. Do humans sleep this long?"

        Ratchet huffed at the question before answering, "You don't know much about humans do you?"

        Knock Out shook his head and replied, "I know very little about human biology. All I know was about human's pain, blood, suffering, and very little about their mechanics."

        "Figures" said Ratchet as he tried to figure out the alien substance that mutated the Tox-En.

        "Oh so you know more about human biology than me?" said Knock Out in a sassy tone.

        Ratchet smirked and replied, "Know more than you do."

        "Oh," Knock Out took one step back, folded his arms, and said, "surprise me then."

        "Did you know that humans need eight to ten hours of sleep a day?" questioned Ratchet.

        Knock Out's optics widened in surprise as he replied, "Really? I thought that they power down for six hours a day. Hmm, interesting."

        "What do you mean?" questioned the medic as he looked at Knock Out.

        "Well you see, when we were experimenting on the girl five years ago, we recorded her power downs and how long she rests. So far I estimated that she power downs for about six to seven hours, sometimes even longer. Sometimes she would sleep for more than eight hours that I thought she had been one with the AllSpark."

        "What!" exclaimed Ratchet.

        "Yeah, she looked awful too. Her skin was so pale that she looked like a ghost. She was so skinny that she looked like a skeleton as well." Knock Out replied.

        "Didn't you give her food and water?" asked Ratchet.

        "Wait, she needs human food and water?" questioned Knock Out.

        Ratchet shook his head and answered, "Of course they do! How else would she get her energy from? Humans are just like us in a way. They need fuel to move around and be active. What have you been giving her?"

        Knock Out nervously replied, "Well, I haven't really been giving her much then some energon from our storage, but she would refuse to even touch it."

        "That's because humans don't consume our fuel source. How long was she in your care, Knock Out" asked the medic.

        Knock Out paused for a moment before replying, "I estimated that she has been here on this ship for about two weeks and three days."

        Ratchet's jaw dropped as he just stared at his answer. "She shouldn't even be alive. Humans can survive three days without water, but not almost three weeks!" Ratchet exclaimed in shock.

        "Well she's alive isn't she?" Knock Out replied.

        Ratchet just rolled his optics and went back to work.

        "Ratchet" said Knock Out.

        "Yes, what is it." Ratchet replied tiredly.