Chapter :28

3,247 words
Longest chapter so far
Just hope it won't be boring
Not edited
Here we Go......

"... how can you be hafsat saraki? You are Haifa. Haifa Garba right?" Sudais asked. He doesn't even know her full name. He just want to remind her so she would stop saying nonsense maybe the breakdown few minutes had affected her brain, who knows.

Haifa was staring at sudais with a smile, she loves the reaction she is getting from sudais, that's what she'd gotten when she told siyama and summaya her story, same as Ameera. Sudais eyebrows are brought together, his forehead wrinkled in confusion as well as concentration, he is still trying to digest what he had just heard. She didn't give him much time to think, she continued anyways.

" That night as always, i was dressed and forced to eat. Hajjo swore on her grave and promised to kill me if i try any nonsense with her, she said she is tired of my stupid behavior.

"No wonder fati sold you to me. What are you? No one can even handle you ko? I'll do worst if i were your mother. Shegiya."

"Imagine fa, just hundred thousand and she gladly sold her. I was even thinking that na ci bagas ashe wahala aka daura mini. Mtscewww"

"Next time next time dai. I won't even collect someone like you for free. This girl, you're such a bad omen. God forbid"

"Billahil lazi i won't mind if they rape you. Those ones ma, i don't understand them. They'll be behaving like girls, how strong are you that they can't force themselves in. They are just lame excuse of men!"

She will always insult me, say hurtful things, seize all chances to remind me that she owns me and that no one loves me, that i am a curse and even my mother can not handle and all i do is cry and cry. I didn't believe her, my mum would never do such terrible thing not even to salma, talk more of me...well, so i had thought" Sudais shook his head yet again, this is too much. If this story is true, then Haifa had really gone through a lot. How can a mother sell her child for hundred thousand naira? what kind of a woman is that?

"That night, i prayed and prayed for any miracle from Allah, because the wicked woman had already made her mind and i saw the determination in her eyes. I knew at that time, that she is serious with her words, the seriousness i honestly haven't seen since i was brought to the place.

Ali Dalhat came that night, he came with some of his friends and they went all clubbing and partying and drinking. I need no one to tell me i was in trouble, the handsome and very young guys seem more dangerous than the older men that usually come to the place. I thought of so many ways to escape from the place but none of it will work. Worst is that i don't even know where i am, i've never set my feet out of the house talk more of the compound, plus the fact that i was hajjo's least good person, no one liked me. I didn't make friends and everyone was keeping an eye on me because 'she is smart and cunning' as hajjo tags me.

Ali's eyes was on me the whole time, i gulped huge, feeling very uncomfortable. Am finished and there's no escape for me, i began to cry even before things happened.
When they had finish their doings, by then they were heavily drunk, Ali wasn't that drunk though but his friends were badly drunk. He approached hajjo and they talked things, turning to look at me admist. God! No doubt they were talking about me, i couldn't stop crying as i began to reason all worst that could possibly happen, scary things. Hajjo approached me with an evil smile.

"My task just got easier. You see that young man over there..." She pointed at Ali and i nod still crying. She shook her head, her smile still intact " he wants you for the night. Do you know who he is?" She asked and i nodded No, yet again. My shoulders shook as i cry but the witch didn't care.