Moving In

"Hey, hun, wake up, we're almost there." Your mom said softly.

You slowly woke up and saw that you were now entering the city you'd be living in. You smiled lightly as you saw people out and about, happy that the city lived up to it's name. Coruscant, the liveliest city in the state. You sat up and stretched to the best of your ability as you let out a tired yawn. You looked out of the window and became amazed at the sight of the tall skyscrapers as your mom drive past them. You smiled wider as you saw some of the shops and restaurants that looked interesting. One restaurant in particular had caught your eye and you definitely wanted to try it sometime.

Soon the buildings started to get smaller as you now saw houses coming in view. Your mother turned left and down Kamino Street as you saw the house you'd be living in. The truck came to a stop and you got out excitedly as you became astonished at the house your mom bought.

It was a simple one story house that was perfect for you and your mom

"(Y/n), come help me with some of these boxes." You heard your mother say.

"Alright." You said.

You walked over to the back of the truck and picked up a not-so heavy box then went towards the front door. You struggles a bit but you managed to open the door and walked in, placing the box in the soon to be living room. You inhaled and sighed softly as you recognized the new house smell. Shaking your head, you went back outside and helped your mom take in more boxes before the truck became empty. Your mom closed the door behind her and walked over to you, bringing you into a hug. You hugged back and closed your eyes as the moment lasted for a few more seconds. She pulled away and looked around the rooms, imaging where things would be.

"We've had a pretty long drive, why don't you go around the neighborhood and get familiar with the locals." She says.

"Are you sure you don't need any help unpacking?" You asked.

"I'll take it from here, dear. Go make some new friends."

"Alright, if you insist." You laughed a little.

You gave her one last hug before going to the front door and leaving the house. You closed the door and started to walk down the street. You remember seeing a park nearby and decided to head there. You put your hands in the pockets of your (f/c) jacket as you made your way towards the park. You looked around and saw a few people here and there then smiled as you saw them getting along. Lost in thought, you didn't realize that you were at an arched entrance. You looked up to see a metal sign which said: Republic Park.

'Republic Park, huh? Interesting name.' You thought and walked in.

You took slow steps on the concrete path as you took in the beauty the area held. You then came across a bench and sat down, taking a breath of fresh air. You looked to see that there were some kids playing at the playground and a group of teens playing with a frisbee. You smiled and closed your eyes then thought that you were going to love it here.

"Hey, watch out!" You heard someone say and quickly opened your eyes.

You saw a disc fly towards you and you instinctively blocked your face with your arms, catching said disc. You carefully lowered your arms still holding the disc as one of the teens approached you.

"Nice save." He complimented.

"Thanks, here's your frisbee." You said and stood up, handing him the frisbee.

"I don't think I've seen you around here. Ya new?"

"Yeah, I just moved here. My name's (Y/n)."

"My name's Jesse. Would you like to play with us?"

"Sure!"

You followed Jesse over to the same group you saw earlier. They all looked at you curiously before Jesse set a hand on your shoulder.

"Vods, this is (Y/n). She just moved here." He introduced.

"Hello, nice to meet you all!" You greeted.

They greeted you back before everyone got into a position to play. Jesse threw the disc towards you and the game began.

┏━━━━°❀•°✮°•❀°━━━┓
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...
┗━━━━°❀•°✮°•❀°━━━┛

You laughed at a joke one of Jesse's brothers made, which you learned is Hardcase. You and the group sat in a small circle getting to know you and you getting to know them. You learned that they were all siblings and you were surprised that they are.

"You guys are brothers? I'm an only child." You said.

"Yeah, surprising isn't it?" Jesse asked.

"What made you move here to Coruscant City, (Y/n)?" Hardcase asked.

"Well, it's kind of complicated actually. I don't really want to talk about it."

"Oh, sorry for bringing it up."

"No, it's fine, you were only curious."

Just then, your phone buzzed and you took it out, seeing a message from your mom. It read: "Hey, dear, do you mind coming home? I need help with these last few boxes." You sent a quick reply back saying you'll be there in a bit.

"I have to go, my mom needs me home." You said as you stood up.

"Alright, see ya later, (Y/n)!" Hardcase exclaimed.

"See you guys later!"

They all said their goodbyes and you waved as you started to walk away. You put your phone in your pocket and soon you were outside of the entrance. A few vehicles passed and you looked both ways before crossing the street. On your way back, you took deep breaths as you took in the things around you. You turned into your street and saw your mother talking to someone from a distance. Curious, you sped up your pace only to slow down as you neared them.

"I'm here, mom." You turned to the stranger, "Who's this?"

"Hey, hun, this is our neighbor, Jango Fett." Your mom answered.

"Hello, nice to meet you, sir. My name is (Y/n)." You introduced yourself.

"Nice to meet you, too, but please call me Jango." The man said.

You smiled and shook his hand before turning to your mom.

"I'll unpack those last few boxes, okay mom?" You said.

"Alright, dear. Don't stress yourself." She said.

You laughed a little before going inside as your mom talked with Jango more. You walked into the living room and started to unpack the last boxes that were untouched.

Having already made a few friends and meeting your neighbor, you thought that you might love it here.

__________________________________________

Let's actually go, another book to keep track of, though I might update this one more than the other one

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter :)