I

Stacey was used to being with Jhoanna every break time and dismissals. They are best friends and usually they share and do things with each other. But when Jhoanna met new friends, did new clubs, and started becoming busy Stacey felt like she was being left behind.

She was looking for her best friend and she saw her by the quadrangle with Colet. Stacey knew the older girl; she was one year ahead of them and was always with Jhoanna this past few weeks.

When Jhoanna saw her the girl waved and called her name, "Staku!"

"Tara sama ka! Kakain kami sa labas." Jhoanna looked excited but Stacey wasn't. All she could feel was this brooding jealousy that she wasn't going to admit.

"Ah no na, may pinapatulong sila ate Aiah eh sasamahan ko na lang sila."

At that, Stacey turned around and walked away hoping that the bubbling feeling inside of her would also stop. She immediately texted Mikha, asking where she is because wherever that girl was is wherever ate Aiah was.

"Ipakita mo na lang na you care for her." Mikha said as she looked up from her phone to Stacey who was looking like the world had given up on her.

"Yeah, just show how much you love her. Do it because you love her and don't expect anything in return." Aiah smiled encouragingly at Stacey and even patting her shoulder.

Mikha nodded in agreement. "True."

Stacey sighed loudly. She didn't really say anything else about what she was feeling, she just talked about how frustrated she is that Jhoanna doesn't spend time with her anymore. But these two were giving her love and life advices like they somehow know what she was going through.

"Pero, I don't...I don't know how to do it. Paano ko ipapakita eh messages ko nga hindi siya makapagreply."

"Busy lang si Jho, and diba inaya ka niya sumama kasama sila colet?" Aiah said.

"Puntahan mo na lang siya." Mikha suggested to Stacey while leaning her head on Aiah's shoulder.

Aiah caressed Mikha's hair and leaned her head on the girl as well. "Pwede rin, sunduin mo siya bukas may meeting ata sila sa radio broadcasting nila." She added.

"Sunduin? Eh lagi naman niya kasabay si ate Colet, sinusundo siya non." Stacey pretended she doesn't see how the two was acting so sweet in front of her, typical of them to be doing things in their own world.

"Ah kaya naman pala- "Mikha tried saying but Aiah elbowed her making her stop from talking.

Aiah looked at Stacey. "Sunduin mo parin. Come on, ikaw ang long time bestfriend and other half ni Jhoanna. Pipiliin ka non."

"Be confident and trust Jhoanna."

"But if all else fails, sa lunch time ka lang pwede pumunta sakin para magvent ung hindi ako nag co-codm ha." Mikha pointed her index finger at Stacey

"Guguluhin parin kita kahit nag co-codm ka!" Stacey exclaimed and made face.

"Nye nye." Mikha rebutted.

"Nye nye ka rin."

There was one time when it was Stacey's birthday. She had a grand celebration, their friends wore cocktail dresses with expensive branding and had an exclusive party at Stacey's house. Jhoanna was there of course and was the only one who slept over. 

After the party they were sitting at the veranda in Stacey's room, looking at the night sky. It was a clear sky with only one or two stars.

"Ano winish mo kanina?" Jhoanna asked while staring above.