Chapter 2

I arrived in a shack full of silence hatred. I dropped my kill on the kitchen table and continued up a ladder to find all but one sleeping. My sisters were all very young. Very innocent. Helpless as infants. Except for Aliyah. She gained a second wind within hours after our parents were killed. Every once in a while I would allow her to hunt with me, but she was a free spirit and even I could not keep her away from the woods. I stare at kilani and caia the youngest, curled up in each other's arms. They were only six and four and if they lost me today, they would loose everything. Aliyah twiddled some rocks in her hand staring over at me with eyes filled with not heart felt tears, but an emptiness that drove shivers throughout my spine. "What are you doing up, you shouldn't be worrying," I reached over to embrace her resulting to be rejected.
"Sedona they're gonna pick you, I know it. I can feel it." She whispered continuously rocking herself at a slow pace.
"What makes you think so?" I questioned her reasoning.
"The dreams." She shook her head whispering again "the dreams."
This did intend to startle me since the capitol did tend to implant nightmares inside of our minds just for the fun of it.
I will always remember one specific nightmare that was given to me. It started out as a dream, and I was a bird soaring through a cloudless purple sky. I was could see our nation as a whole, and I felt free. This was the first time I had received some sense of security and happiness since the death of my parents. The blue feathers feasting on my sides flapped rising me higher and higher creating a queer and exiting feeling with every inch i inclined. I had found my fate and a perfect dream.
The nightmare started when grey clouds began to fog up my vision. I couldn't see and every breath I took, I inhaled thousands of spiders which slowly are away at my lungs. At this point I came crashing down with all of Panem in my sight but something was different. Instead of the happy people I saw before there was explosions and fighting and peacekeepers shooting at random. All hopes I had of a free world faded out of my mind and cremated into the clouds. Every where I looked people were holding up the signs, but those signs were me as a bird. A mockingjay. Before I crashed into the flames I found the truth.

No one is free.
Even the birds are chained to the sky.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry I wrote this chapter a while ago, I just haven't been on wattpad lately.
Xoxo Hope