Chapter 1- Admittance

Just in case you missed it in the description, this story contains a BoyxBoy pairing. If you don't like that sort of thing this is not the story for you. If you don't mind that sort of thing, do read on...

Nico di Angelo and Will Solace were polar opposites in nearly every single way. Whilst a Styron iron sword hung threateningly at Nico di Angelo's side, Will Solace occasionally wore a white stethoscope around his neck- increasingly often since the end of the Giant War. Nico di Angelo's clothes were black, worn and hung concerning loose off his now skeletal frame to match his shaggy black hair and bottomless dark eyes; he also sported a pair of well worn steel toe capped boots. Di Angelo’s expression matched his dark exterior. No matter how deep you looked into the sunken eyes nothing lurked beyond the feeling of a troubled and traumatised fifteen year old boy.  Will Solace had a pretty skinny frame himself, and mostly came across as the most unthreatening demigod one could probably ever meet. His orange camp T-shirt was baggy on him and a pair of denim knee length shorts was held up with a brown leather belt. The light blue- or sometimes dark grey- flip-flops he wore made it so he could be heard approaching metres away. And Will's expression matched his exterior similarly to Nico's, with Sandy blonde hair, clear, blue eyes and an easygoing smile.

When Nico was ordered to three days rest in the infirmary, the polar opposites clashed... In the best way possible.

Upon Nico's first admittance to the infirmary Will made the son of Hades a top priority patient, meaning his physical and mental examination were thorough. Just the prospect made Nico shuffle uncomfortably on the spot.

The infirmary was filled by day with demigods coming and going for treatment, surprisingly few sticking around for long term treatment given the recent war against the earth mother.

Nico and Will hit problems the second the moment the examination started.

"I need you to take off your shirt," Will stated as he started filling in records for the boy in front of him.

Nico hated physical contact with a passion and he remembered the way Will had grabbed his hand when Nico first shadow travelled back to camp a little over a day ago now. Not only had the son of Hades found himself coming into contact with Will more often that day than he had with anyone since before the Argo II had rescued him, but the fact Will could tell how close the darkness was to making Nico slip permanently into the world of the dead with one touch made him feel vulnerable. Of course Will could only sense medical problems in a person, but Nico had a lot if private things in his head that he wanted to keep that way, private.

Nico shuffled uncomfortably in his seat again.

Will glanced up from his clip board and saw the anxiety in the other boy's face.

"Fine then. We'll tackle that obstacle when we get to it," Will placed his clip board on the stand next to the cot Nico was sat on the edge of. "You need a full check up Nico and your having it whether you like it or not." Will didn't call Nico death breath or zombie boy like most did when they started to get irritated by his socially introvert attitude, in fact Will didn't look particularly irritated in the first place.

Placing a skinny hand on Nico's shoulder Will placed the stethoscope on Nico's chest just under the collar of his tattered shirt.