03 Deadly

Kei’s note: Hello, guys! Please take note that this is an AU fanfic of Vincenzo and DOTS so there will be some slight changes on the roles of each character. Thank you for reading. I appreciate it. Here’s Chapter 3.

CHAPTER 3

“So you’re saying that you were attacked after meeting Jang Han Seok? Ah, no—you were attacked after having a personal guard? That’s suspicious, Cha-young.” Myung-ju rested her elbow on my table and put her chin on her palm. She was thinking intently, it looks like there are a lot of things in her mind right now. 

“Indeed. It’s suspicious,” I shortly stated. I focused on my laptop and browsed the email that was sent to me by someone this morning. I downloaded the file that was attached and opened it. 

“Do you want me to investigate Yoo Si Jin? You know what, when I first saw him, he seemed suspicious. There’s a mysterious air around him but at the same time—” she stopped, “Ugh! I can’t describe it.” I shook my head. It’s been five days since the attack. Yoo Si Jin reported to Jang Han Seok about what happened to us that night. Han Seok immediately informed my father and Yu Haehan and they were worried, and made an investigation but there was no lead or clue. Even though Jangs and Hongs are powerful families, they can’t do anything about the attackers if we don’t have any clues about them. In short, the case was not resolved. 

Yoo Si Jin was scolded but I was quick to defend him. Because I spoke up, he was saved from his punishment. Ha, what a failure. It was his first day but we were attacked but then, I was not hurt so it’s okay. I throw a glance at the door. Behind that, was the man we’re currently talking about.

“Tsk. This whole setup is suspicious. Cha-young, just escape now. I’ll help you.” I chuckled when I heard what Myung-ju had said. I looked at her.

“Myung-ju ah, I can’t do that right now. See this?” I picked up the folder in my table and showed it to her, “my father told me to do something. I have to finish this first,” I said. Myung-ju glared at me.

“Yah. Why do you always follow the orders of Uncle?! I thought you wanted to be free from them.”

“It’s not that easy. You know my goal, right? That’s why I have to be on my father’s good side. There’s no room for failure. Besides,” I dropped the folder on the table, “I feel like I will become busy these coming days.” I stood up and picked up my black double-breasted coat on my swivel chair. I wore it and fixed myself. I comb my hair using my fingers. I looked at Myung-ju. “I’m leaving. Bye, dear.” I grab my Lady Dior bag that was placed on my table. I wave my hand at Myung-ju. She nodded her head while still looking at me intently.

“Addio,” I said playfully. I turned my back to her and walked towards the door. I opened it and the first person I saw was no other than Yoo Si Jin. He gently smiled and I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow. In the five days that we've been together, he was slowly getting comfortable around me. Well, it seems like the incident was not a big deal to him. I even heard him playfully talking to someone on his phone yesterday. Tsk. It’s really true that first impressions last. I can’t seem to forget his mysterious aura when I first saw him.

“Miss Cha-young.”

“Let’s go somewhere. I already forwarded to you the address,” I said. He nodded his head. I turned my back to him and made my way towards the staircase. I squinted my eyes when I spotted Shin Hye leaning on her piano while looking towards my direction. Her gaze feels like she wanted to tell me something. She shook her head.

Hm. Weird.

***

I looked outside of the car window. I hummed in approval when I saw the building in front of me. It was a three-storey building with a paint that was peeling, but it’d be more accurate to tell that it was shedding. There were a lot of colorful banners hanging outside of the building, as if it were trying to invite guests, but its current look might have failed to do so. The color of the banners are fading, some are shred. But then, at the entrance of the building, the paint “Geumga Plaza” stood out. It was the glory of the building. Geumga means gold. What an interesting name. I looked at Yoo Si Jin who was about to get out of the car.