chapter one

jaeyun tries to catch his breath. it's seven in the morning and today was for their final grades (for this semester) to be released. the bulletin was swarmed with students, checking if their names were in.

he felt a sudden feeling in his stomach, not a good one. he's nervous. he's usually not, but today is different. jaeyun made his way to the board, even if it means pushing others away. he chewed on his lower lip, eyes roaming to find his name.

his eyes lit up and unconsciously flashed a smile when he finally did— soon to be replaced with a huge frown.

he's second, again.

and that's not even half of why he's mad. the fact that his name were printed with the biggest, boldest font there is; with the first place label, did.

jaeyun was pretty much shaking. he lost the bet, their bet.

"i win." the figure beside him spoke. jaeyun knew who it was, who would it be other than the infamous lee heeseung he's been thinking about! god, how much jaeyun wants to rip the grin off the latter's face right now.

well the said bet was made a few months ago— when heeseung went up to jaeyun and proposed something. "to whoever gets the highest score in our finals, gets to make the loser do whatever they want." he found it stupid, but then again, heeseung is the best when it comes to provoking a sim jaeyun.

"i can see that." jaeyun rolled his eyes, turning his back to go to his class. "eat lunch with me, tomorrow." heeseung utters. the crowd, who were acting like loud speakers just seconds ago, were now silent and murmuring to each other.

everyone knows how much these two hate each other. they seem to make everything a competition between them. and for heeseung to ask jaeyun out for lunch? is beyond shocking.

well it is what the public believes anyway.

heeseung actually never hated jaeyun as 'much' as the latter does. he just found himself having beef with the younger one day. amidst all the drama, heeseung found him cute. he thinks jaeyun is cute whenever he puffs his cheeks when mad, maybe that's why he likes to annoy the other so much. so many little things he's found, not a single soul knows about his discoveries— because no one, not even their friends, knows how much heeseung actually adores jaeyun.

"what? no way! over my dead body." jaeyun protests. "a bet's a bet." heeseung chuckles. jaeyun gripped his palm, to the point his nails were dugging onto his skin. he's about to explode in anytime.

jaeyun doesn't hate heeseung THAT much. it's an act to look tough. he's rather envious of the latter— how can someone be good at everything without even trying? jaeyun doesn't want to admit it, but he thinks the older is good looking too. heeseung is the epitome of perfection and it annoys the hell out of jaeyun.

"it's saturday tomorrow, give me a break." the younger fought back— and if looks could kill, heeseung would've been dead by now.

"exactly. it's a date, pretty face." the students (yes they were still there) gasped in heeseung's remarks, including jaeyun himself.

and if he really hates heeseung, why is his face heating up right now?

"see you loser."

-
end.