Chapter 4

Sidharth's face turns serious, "What are you saying Sana?"
Sana gives out a deep breath, "Something will happen tonight. I can feel it."
"What do you mean? Another murder? Whose?"
"I don't know ..Sidharth, I don't know. Do something. Please.. "
"Please Sana, relax and then tell me."

Sana takes a moment, "Anurag. I saw him. He wanted to say something. But..  he couldn't.."
"Okay. But how are you sure that something will happen.?"
"Wait. "
She says then he hears a click sound followed by a nothing but tick of the clock. Then he could hear a faint whisper.
"This is a recording on my phone. Did you get the words?"
Sidharth says, "Not clearly. Send it to me."
"I have. Please Sidharth, do something.  Stop this. No more killing."
"I will stop it. No one will die. You don't worry. Stay calm."

"Stop.... ..death.. ...night..  Sundar.. G..Ho.."
The words come out from the phone as Sidharth plays the voice recording file sent by Sana. 
Gaikwad says,"What should we do now Sir?"
"Call everyone. We need to stop this."

Gaikwad says, "Sundar could be a vlogger. "
Sidharth nods his head, "Possible, search for any vlogger or social media star by that name. Gaikwad I want people at all check posts, checking vehicles leaving the city. Cars with young people must be checked, asking their purpose of leaving. "
Ranne says, "Sir, there are many vloggers by the same name. What to do sir?"
"Look for the ones who are from some influential families. Also look for the kind of videos they post. Narrow it down by the criteria.  Then call them all to find out where they are. I need more people here. We don't have much time. He strikes after 12. We need to  find him before that."

Sidharth looks at the white board. The photos of the victims and the details are written under them. He knows he is missing something here. 
"Sir, we tried to call most of the Sundar that matched the criteria. But no luck yet. Either they are at home or with their friends. It's Saturday night. A few phones are not reachable yet."
"This won't work like this. We need to understand what Anuraag wanted to say. Stop, death, night, Sundar,. Play the audio again."
Ranne plays it.

"Did you mark something? Between the words stop and death the gap is longer. It is the longest before night. Perhaps he said tonight. But listen carefully the gap between the words Sundar and something after that is not much. 'G..Ho'? What could it be?"
"Hospital?"
"Possible. Wait.."
Sidharth walks to his laptop and types something. He waits for the results and smiles. 
"Right.. right..Get the vehicles, we need to go now."

"Dr.Sundar Shah PG Hostel."
Sidharth says once they are inside the car.
"Anuraag was giving her the location of the next murder."
"But are you sure that's the place? Shouldn't we keep looking for Sundar?"
Gaikwad asks.
"We don't have time for that. This is the only way now. Jaldi chalo."

The vehicles stop at the gates of an old abandoned two storey building. Sidharth walks inside and climbs the stairs. He signals Ranne to follow him while others search the rooms below. They reach the terrace and the flashlights stop working for no reason. 
"What happened?"
"Don't know Sir. It's not working."
"Just look around."
As the eyes adjust to the darkness, Sidharth walks around to check. His eyes fall on something that looks like a body. 

"Ranne, here. He is here."
He rushes towards him. The supposedly victim lied on the other side of the roof. To reach him, they would need to jump over the parapet. Sidharth doesn't wait for Ranne and jumps over it to reach the other side. There's a narrow space there as the part of the roof is broken. He moves carefully but before he could reach him, a gust of strong wind pushes him. He loses his balance and falls inside, two storeys down landing on the broken furniture in the basement.

It takes a few minutes to regain his consciousness. And he hears voices calling his name. He looked up and could see Ranne throwing light.
"Sir are you alright?"
"Check.. him.. first.. I am good.."
He could hear Bhonsale's voice.
"Sir, the darwaza locked hai andar se. We are trying to open. Aap thik hain?"
Sidharth tries to get up, "Ah.. yes.. wait let me see.."