Chapter 12

"Woh jo dubta hai
Usse tairna aata nahi.
Chupe huye ko
Dhundna asan nahi.
Mere haathon mein jiski kismat hai
Woh hai bade ghar wala.
Uske gunah ki saza nahi mili ab tak.
Uska faisla karega, faisla karne wala."

You have 3 hours.. bacha sakta hai toh bacha le.. clock is ticking.. Tick tock.."

Sidharth leans on the back of the chair with a thud and he could hear voices coming from outside. He knows they are the press and news media people. His phone starts to ring and it's the Commissioner.

"Jai Hind, Sir!"
"What is going on? I just saw the news. Now killers are going on TV, what are you doing?"
"Sir, I.. saw it too. We will save him. I promise.."
"After what happened to Rahul Fundkar, can you really promise me that the thing will not be repeated? I am already getting pressure from the Minister to take you off the case. That's why I had to create a special team to investigate his case. I think I have to send them for this search."
Sidharth stands up, "Sir, killer has thrown the challenge to me because I got to him. I bursted his hideout. I can read his mind, I can solve this case. And you know that very well."
"I believed that but.."
"Sir, the killer has given me three hours to save the victim. We have no idea who the victim is or where he has kept him hidden. I don't have time to beg you to keep me on this case. You can send whoever you want to search for this mysterious victim. I can do nothing about it. But I will not stop doing my job of saving a life. I have to get back to my team, find him and save him. If I don't save him, you don't have to worry about taking the case from me as I will resign."

He hangs up the phone and finds everyone staring at him.
Bhonsale asks, "Sir, aap resign karenge?"
"No, because we will find the victim and save him or her. Now, keep the press away from the office and let's get back to finding the clue to save the person."

"We can understand that the victim doesn't know how to swim so the killer wants to drown him to death."
Sidharth keeps looking at the files, "Possible."
"How can we understand where to look?", Bhonsale asks.
Sidharth thinks for sometime and says, "Maybe these lines are pointing at something else. Maybe the killer is giving us a location. Dubna indicates water. Perhaps he is talking about water."
Ranne says, "The killer is hiding his victim at some place where there's water."
"Sea?"

"No. The killer usually chooses buildings with a history of deaths on the premises. It must be isolated and known as haunted, usually on the outskirts of the city. Hmm... look for places with swimming pools. Hotel, gyms, clubs, only the abandoned ones."
"Sir, what about the next lines, Chupe huye ko dhoond na asaan nahi."
"Hmm.. someone who is deliberately hiding somewhere. Kambli, check for missing complaints for the past one week. Check for rich kids who are vloggers."

Sana rushes inside the room without knocking. Sidharth looks at her and stands up. Her face is flushed and her eyes red.
"Tum yahaan? Is everything okay? Are you alright? Maa, Ruhani.."
"They are all fine. I.. I saw something "
Everyone leaves the room and Sidharth waits for Sana to speak.
"I think someone's life is in danger. The killer is going to strike again. We don't have much time."
"I know. I guess you haven't seen the news. He has sent a video. He has given me three, now 2 and half hours to find his next victim."
"What? Oh God! Ab kya hoga? He will kill and you will be blamed."
"Relax. Listen, I don't have much time. Just tell me what you saw."

Flashback
Sana has had a headache since morning. Returning from the shoot she went straight to her room to rest. Ruhani came in, got up on the bed and started pressing her forehead while Sana lay on the bed.
"Ruhani baby, let it be. Homework kiya?"
"Hun.. Kiya.. Sanu.. dard ho raha hai kya bahut?"
"Na.. abhi thik hai."
"Sanu, Sidi Kab ayega? "
Sana pulled her closer and kissed her forehead, "Sidi, thik hai. You don't worry."
Ritaji came in and said, "Ruhani, chalo khana kha lo. Sana, beta aajao. Eat something and then sleep."
"Na Maa. I will not eat anything now. Aap dono kha ke so jao. I will eat after Sidharth returns."