Prologue

"I'm getting the stones back." Y/n declared, opposing Steve getting anywhere near the time machine. "what do you mean? I'm getting it back." Steve questioned, emphasised the 'I'm'

"well, I need to do something before this thing goes to waste.. I need to.." she hesitated but Steve nodded, knowing what she's talking about in understatement. "fine, I'll let you go.."

"Now, remember; You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce reminded as he handed Y/n the stones. "Don't worry, Bruce." Y/n comfort, patting his back, clipping the case shut. "You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring them back." Bruce looks at Steve and Y/n. "I miss her man.."

"us too, big man." Y/n mumbled, nodded her head slowly. "you know, if you want I could come with you." Sam suggested, "this is something I need to do alone, Sam. I NEED to do this.." Y/n emphasised, giving them a hint how desperate she actually is. Y/n gets to Steve and Bucky, "you both.. don't do anything stupid till I get back." Y/n teased, her smile turn into a smirk, "How can we when you're taking all the stupid with you?" Bucky shrugged, smug smile on his face, Steve laugh it off. Y/n hugs them both, chuckling to herself.

"I'm gonna miss you, sooner or later." Bucky admitted, "I'll miss you too, Buck." Y/n nudge Bucky, not even that hard but still had him get pushed back a little bit. "How long is this gonna take?" Steve asked Bruce as Y/n makes her way up to the time machine. "for her? as long as she needs. for us? five seconds." Bruce answered, readying the time machine.

"Ready, Y/n? Alright. We'll meet you back here, okay?" Y/n nod, "yep, you bet." she took a shaky deep breath, "Going quantum. Three, two, one" Y/n disappeared into the Quantum portal.

"And returning in, five, four, three, two, one"

However, Y/n didn't appear on the pad. Bruce looks around the equipment, still not finding Y/n anywhere.

"Where is she?" Steve asked

"I don't know. She blew right by her time stamp. She should be here."

Sam turns around from the pad and tries to find Y/n but seems to not find her anywhere at all.

"Well, get her back." Bucky frustrate.

"I'm trying."

"Get her the hell back!"

"Hey, I said, I'm trying!"

"wait.. it looks like Y/n isn't here at all." Bruce checked the radar, "What do you mean?" Steve asks, looking at the radar. "she's.. gone without a trace."

"how is that possible?"

(464 words)