Not Like a Mom || Steve Harrington x Fem Reader

It was me and Steve's turn to cover for Robin, she's covered for us multiple times. 

"Hey Steve?" I said, as we sat on the window sill of the Scoops Ahoy shop, waiting for customers. "Hm?" He hummed, not paying full attention. "Thank you" I said, this seemed to startled him, as he snapped out of his trance and stared at me. "Uh- fo-for what?" He shook his head in confusion. "You're always there to help" I began, "Like a mom" I said, I paused, "But" I started again, looking at Steve. ""But"?" Steve quoted me, looking in confusion. "But, I don't see you as a mom" "like the others do" I finished. He stared blankly at me. "Oh come on! Steve! You cannot be this clueless" I said, eyes wide. "I-I'm sorry" He raised his hands. "Ask Robin. She'll tell you" I sighed. "But if its something important," He began, "I want you to tell me, not her" He said, getting up at the sound of the bell. "Ahoy" He said, starting to serve the other customers. 

~

Steve was walking me home, it was pretty late so it was dark. "Hey, so what were you trying to tell me?" Steve asked, breaking the awkward silence. I didn't reply. "Y/n?" He asked, he barely called me by my first name, usually he called me "L/n" or "N/n" This shocked me, I looked up. Steve just smirked, and brought me into a hug. "You don't have to tell me, but please- Stay safe" He said, putting our foreheads together. "I love you" I whispered. No response. I looked up, Steve had stopped working. "Steve?" I said his name aloud. No response. "Harrington!" I said, louder. He blinked and shook his head. "I'm sorry what?" He asked, staring at me. I stood there for a minute, then spoke, "I- I love you Steve! I always have. And- and- I know, I'm probably one of the 200 girls that like you" My voice trailed off, "But I love you" I said, staring into his eyes. My heart was beating. I had no clue what I was saying. "I love you" I cried out, tears dripping down my cheeks. "I love you" I said quietly. Steve walked over to me, "I love you too" He pulled me into a hug. There was a pause "Y/n" I grabbed his shirt as I cried. He played with my hair, then brushed it out of my face and cupped my cheeks. "I love you" He said firmly. 

Steve grabbed my hand as we walked to my house. We finally arrived there. "Thank you- for- for everything" I said, my face stained with tears. Steve took a napkin from his pocket, probably carries them out of habit because of El. He wiped my face and looked at me. "Goodnight," There was a long pause, as he stared into my eyes, "Y/n" He finished, he kissed me, and let me walk into my house. I stood at the door and waved, then finally walked in, I was like a super big smiling dork.