Chapter 6

Vultures circle a small lion cub that is passed out. The vultures land and start to peck at the cub.

A meerkat and a warthog run and kick them all away.

"I love this! Bowling for buzzards." The red warthog exclaimed and smiled.

"Gets 'em every time." The yellow and black meerkat laughed.

"Hey, Denki, you better come see this. I think it's still alive." The warthog said and looked at the animal.

"Alrighty, what is this?" Denki asked and started to sniff it, he picked up it's paw and saw his face and screamed. "It's a lion! Run, Kiri, move it."

"Hey bro, it's just a little lion. Look at him. He's so cute and all alone. Can we keep him?" Kiri asked.

"Kiri, are you nuts? You're talking about a lion. Lions eat guys like us." Denki yelled in his ear.

"Come on man, he's little."

"He's going to get bigger."

"Maybe he will be on our side," Kirishima reasoned. Denk laughed and mocked him.

"Maybe he'll- Hey I got it. What if he's on our side? You know, having a lion around might not be such a bad idea." Denki said and climbed on to his friend's back.

"So we're keeping him?" Kirishima asked.

"Of course. Who's the brains of this outfit?" Denki laughed.

"Uh-"

"My point exactly." Denki interrupted. Kirishima picked the lion cub up and ran to find some shade.

~

Denki splashed some water on the lion cub, who woke up.

"You okay, kid?" Denki asked.

"I think so," Izuku whispered.

"I saved you." Denki said, but Kirishima snorted, "Well, Kirishima helped. A little."

"Thanks for your help." Izuku thanked and started to walk away.

"Hey, where are you going?" Kirishima asked.

"Nowhere." Izuku sighed and continued to walk.

"Gee, he looks blue." Denki whispered and watched as the cub walked away.

"I'd say brownish gold with some green hair." Kirishima smiled.

"No. I mean he's depressed." Denki said and they ran after Izuku.

"Kid, what's eating you?" Kirishima asked and sat in front of the cub.

"Nothing. He's at the top of the food chain." Denki jokes and laughs, but stops when no one else laughs. "So, where are you from?"

"Who cares? I can't go back." Izuku sighed.

"You're an outcast. That's great. So are we." Denki smiled.

"What'd you do, kid?" Kirishima asked.

"Something horrible. I don't want to talk about it." Izuku said.

"We don't want to hear about it." Denki said.

"Come on, Denki." Kirishima whispered. "Anything we can do to help?" He asked the cub.

"Not unless you can change the past." Izuku said.

"You know, kid in times like this, my bro Denki here says, "You gotta put your behind in your past."

"No, no, no. Lie down before you hurt yourself. It's, "you gotta put your past behind you." Look, kid, bad things happen, and you can't do anything about it, right?" Denki asked.