5: What Happened to Jamie

Anyways after I rejected any consoleing from Jay, he said "well, I'll be in town with my mom if you need anything."

As he got up from the bed I stopped him,"Jay, what did Jamie say on the phone about our fight." Jay looked hesitant to answer. "Jay, what did he say, this is important."

"Oh just the usual, you know, he was just mad Lana."

I desperately pleaded, "Jay."

"He just said that you always wanted to vacation, and that he always wanted to stay to help people and you didn't get that because you have never needed help."

"What?"I said annoyed but listening very intently.

"I don't know Lana, you'll have to ask Jamie."

"Well he's not here Jay, so you'll have to fill me in."

"He just said that you can be a little spoiled, because you know you were raised with people waiting on you hand and foot. When you started your company, your mom didn't even blink twice before handing you the money."

"That's all he said, really?"

"He said that maybe you two married too young and maybe you want different things and..."

I think Jay noticed the hurt in my eyes, because he just stopped talking but I know there was more. I didn't want to hear it.

Jay's eyes awkwardly shifted from the floor back to me "but he loves you, you gotta know that."

"Maybe he did, but that doesn't mean he still does, if he's questioning our marriage, if he's questioning me." I started to quietly sob in my sleeves, then quickly wiping away my tears once again. I hated when other people would see me cry, not even Jamie. Suddenly as my vision is momentarily blocked my unstoppable salty tears, I feel his tight grip and he's lays my head into his shoulder.

Then he said, "Lana, he did end the call with saying that he loved you and I think he just wanted to give you a night to cool off before talking again." I just looked up at him, I did not know what else to say so I just thanked him and escorted him back to the living room. Valerie came over and hugged me.

She said,"Lana your friend here has been going on and on about what a great person you are, and I am just so stressed out about my son, I should not have taken it all out on you and for that I am so so sorry for my harsh words, I am very sorry."

I could not help but look at Ella and grin, and she just winked at me. "Thank you, I appreciate it but I just think I need to be alone right now,is that okay." She nods her head, "yes that is ok Lana, I should get going, start searching."

"I'll call you if I hear any news, and I hope you will do the same". Valerie just nodded her head in agreement and she and Jay left. Then Ella casually walks over to me, and puts her hands on my shoulder.

"Lana you need to get ahead of this, it is probably in the media now, all of San Diego is probably spreading this news as we speak, write a statement about your love and concern for him, who knows maybe once it is on the news, he will turn up.

I smiled at Ella but said, "yeah, yeah I know there's just a few things I need to do first." Ella asked, "Like what?"

"I will tell you all about it later but right now I need to be alone with my thoughts."

"I can spend the night."

"No really, I'll be fine."

"Well Okay but I'll come by later."

I just smile and say "okay" and escorted her out with a hug and a wave. Finally, alone at last, since this whole nightmare began, I had already missed the bright sun and was left only with the crisp air brushing against my exposed face and the wet rainfall . This only made me worry about Jamie more and more. I need to be logical, where would he go? He was going to his moms house at nine last night he liked to take two different routes to get there, one way was the quicker way, get you there in half the time, but there was another way there too, the back road. It took so long to get there, no one would ever use it but there was so much scenery there, at least that was Jamie's defense for taking it so often. There were no homes along this unmarked, isolated road, for the exception of one small house on the top of the hill. There was a forest like path, with nothing but nice big oak trees, and gardens of roses, this path was perfect for thinking and reflecting, Jamie always said. Oh my god I thought out loud maybe he is there, it is a longshot but it is the only lead I have. Maybe he was in an accident or something. I jogged to my walk- in closet, took my high heels off and threw them on the floor before I changed into comfortable converse. I took off the long black skirt I had on and changed it for sweatpants, and picked the warmest coat I had because it was raining pretty hard by this time it was now 5 o'clock. I had to get going because it was already fairly dark outside. I ran to my garage and grabbed my keys and quickly grabbed the clicker and opened the doors, surprisingly there were no paparazzi bombarding me with ridiculous questions. How could that be I thought to myself, maybe the story is contained, but enough sidetracking I had more pressing matters to attend too. I need to find my husband.