Wildcard (we can be heroes) ⚠️ GN

*unedited*

GN reader

Hurt/comfort

Reader has bad anxiety 

Readers powers are Fire and Ice/water

This is kinda inspired from a comment thread I found on a chapter of "I believe in you" which is a Wildcard x Reader fic by Sunooclouds, go check that out if you would like :) it's kinda just what I thought of while reading this part? And yes- I did check with the author to make sure they were cool with it and they said yes, so that's all good. 

Summary/info: while trapped on the alien ship, missy comes up with a plan to let them escape. However this plan triggers readers anxiety, and reader gets mad at Missy about the plan as reader believes there is much better ways of escaping.

1st person POV: 

"You kids are just like your parents....same in fighting, the same bickering, putting your own egos ahead of your team."

I sighed, leaning back against the wall of the small room. I crossed my arms over my chest, unamused at Mrs Granada's little speech. She then pointed to Guppy. "Take away her water." The little girl gasped, one of the tentacle-things snatching it from her hands. 

Mrs Granada was about to say something else, but I zoned out. I tend to do that a lot, but this time it was for something important. 'If I were to freeze their feet, maybe we could escape...? Nah- they got those freaky tentacle things, they would still capture us...' 

"Now don't worry, I already know what your future is.....imprisonment." Mrs Granada held up the key, faking sympathy as she looked at us. I examined the key that she was holding up, my heart rate picking up a bit. I was already on edge, but I hoped to distract myself from the gravity of the situation. 

We all watched as she turned to leave, the two guards following her. The door closed, and we heard the lock 'click'. 'Well shit...'

"How are we getting out of here?" Guppy asked. "I....don't, know" missy sighed, sitting down. She crossed her legs, resting her elbow on one of them and held her head up with her hand. She pouted, staring off into space. 

I let out a frustrated sigh. 'Great, not even the leader knows. We're trapped, actually, trapped.'

Everyone began to settle down, sitting down as FaceMaker and Wildcard paced around the enclosed room. "I'm such an idiot." Wheels said, turning his screen so the rest of us could see it. "President Neil Anami; spell Neil anami backwards, and you have "I'm an alien""

We all sighed in realization. It was quite literally right there in front of us. "Everyone thinks the aliens came this morning- but they've been here for years! Planning this takeover the whole time." Missy s explained. "And now we're locked in this stupid cell, with no way out." Wildcard said sassily, looking over at Missy. She rolled her eyes.

I fiddled with my fingers, becoming more anxious. A thin sheet of ice crept up my arm, something that happened when my anxiety was acting up. I quickly melted it off, hoping no one noticed. 

Over at the door, Guppy was trying to pry the door open using her strength. It wasn't working. She pulled away in frustration. "I need water, without water I can't use my powers" she said grumpily, and my eyes darted to the small puddle I had created on the floor when I melted the ice off my arm. 'Maybe....'

"And I need food, my stomach hurts."

"My arm hurts...."

"My ears hurt!we never should of come up to this ship! You lead us up here" Wildcard said, fed up with the whole situation. I glanced up at him, knowing an argument was about to start. "You think I wanted to get us locked up in an alien ship?!" Missy shouted back.