𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. WHAT HAPPENS IN STARLING

・゚ೃ⁀➷ 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇
WHAT HAPPENS IN STARLING

⠀⠀𝐍𝐎𝐀𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒

⠀⠀𝐍𝐎𝐀𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒. Lizzie had taken that time to get him a bottle of water, sitting patiently by his side. He looked so young. Eyes red and sniffled, she wanted to hug him all over again, his oversized sweatshirt looked, even more, larger on him for some reason. He must have been keeping all that bottle up for a while now. They both sat on the floor instead of the chairs, it was more grounding (ignore the pun, please).

⠀⠀"Do you need anything?" Lizzie asked him in concern. He shook his head, she didn't know since when they were trusting each other for moments as vulnerable as this, but looking back at the time he'd helped her during her panic attack in Central City general a month ago, she decided it was a mutual decision. 

⠀⠀"Thank you," He croaked.

⠀⠀"You're welcome," She smiled, "And thank you for that time at the hospital, I never got to thank you."

⠀⠀He smiled in return, "Well, this was a shitshow," He added with a laugh. Lizzie chuckled.

⠀⠀"Maybe," She shrugged, "But you looked like you needed it."

⠀⠀"Maybe." After a second, he started giggling.

⠀⠀"What?" Lizzie asked him, an auburn brow raised in confusion.

⠀⠀"Maybe could be our Always," He grinned. 

⠀⠀They both started crackling like children. And god, Lizzie hadn't laughed this much in a long time. She doubted Noah had either. 

⠀⠀And then her phone started ringing again and ruined the moment. She groaned on seeing who it was, the same number from Starling City, "Oh, give up already," She muttered. Noah was close enough that he heard her, "It's Serenity," She explained, blocking the number for good, "My dear sister thinks everything is perfectly fine after ignoring us for twelve years. She's called three times already," She shoved her phone in her pocket, huffing.

⠀⠀"You know, I really hated Caitlin when she went to college at Ivy," Noah said, "She didn't even call that much because of how busy she was and I was stuck with mom so I stopped answering after a while. It was shitty, but as soon as Cait got her own place with Ronnie she invited me over and asked me to move in. I said no, at first, but I still talked to her, heard her out, not for her but for myself and we started meeting up again and I got to know Ronnie, too. The next time she asked me to move in with her, Ronnie did too, I said yes and quite frankly I have to say it was the best decision of my life I've made so far."

⠀⠀"And the point?" Lizzie asked impatiently. She had a feeling there was a moral Noah wanted to share.

⠀⠀"Give her a chance," Noah said, "She might have some reason for doing what she did. If not, maybe she does feel like shit for it. You don't have to forgive, but it's always a good idea to just hear her out. Not for her, for you."