22 | going james bond

THE TRAINING IN HPSC was terribly hard. Y/n felt the tremendous difference between HPSC and UA. However, despite the difficulties and countermeasures the young genius felt well developed and educated than under in UA.

The young genius found herself insterested in weapon handling and have mastered marksmanship in a short period of time as she already had an experience before. She easily developed the skills that she needed for infiltration but still lacked the physical abilities to back it up.

Her austere trainers demanded her full obedience and did not tolerate heedless mistakes. As odd as it may seem, Y/n found herself reveling in the professionalism under their tutelage.

"What is this?" asked Y/n, eyeing the card that was handed to her. The text 'Provisional Hero License' written on it containing her picture and information. "These things are basically license to use a quirk. I don't even have one to begin with."

"Yes, but it also allows you to legally perform the job you're tasked to do." said the president, brusquely.

"But the exam that was given to me was different. And the provisional license examination is still weeks away."

"The previous exam was to test your abilities from a different field. You have already proven yourself worthy of it than any other student. Your past experiences with villains should be enough."

Y/n remained silent. She casted her eyes at the president with a far-away expression. "Very well." Y/n said, her gaze strayed towards the watch on her wrist. "I must be off."

"I give you my upmost support and appreciation, Miss L/n." the president wore a stern look as her turquoise irises squinted at her. "I know this is abrupt and perilous but I believe you'll surmount the difficulties that you will meet. Good luck."

Y/n hustled on her black overcoat as a smile graced her lips. "Thank you for your kindness. I promise that you won't be disappointed."

Minutes later, the young genius walked through the dingy alleyway. The late evening was cold and
from a distance the occasional passing vehicles broke the silence of the night.

The inky puddles reflected the pale moon of which was disturbed by Y/n's haste footsteps. Turning a sharp left, amidst the darkness a figure could be distinguished standing stifly. Y/n came to a halt upon recognizing the eccentric fashion style as the moonlight illuminated the dark alleyway.

"You really did come." said Chisaki better known as Overhaul.

Y/n sensed people emerging from behind but didn't bother to look back. "Duh, I was the one who called you." she said.

A tall figure wearing a long white raincoat with the hood kept up and a black with golden trim plague mask, appeared beside Overhaul. He seemed to be indignant by the tone of her voice that she used on his boss. Overhaul gave a revelatory hand raise and the man beside him back down.

Y/n could now hear the footsteps from behind, she figured she was being surrounded. The young genius felt a cold metal against the back of her head, she needn't to turn to know it was a gun being pointed at her.

"Are you working for the heroes?" a foreign voice asked.

From her peripheral vision, Y/n saw the owner of the voice. It was a slim man wearing a black cape and baggy pants. He also sported a black plague mask.

"No." replied Y/n, though a look of surprise crossed her face as the word slipped out of her mouth without her consent.

The cold touch of the gun left the back of her head and more unfamiliar figures emerged from the dark. "Forgive me for that. Shin has a quirk that allows him to force people to answer his questions." started Overhaul, stepping closer towards her. "It was necessary for precautions."