𝟎 「 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐮𝐲 」 𝟐

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, Seraphina slowly nodded her head as she began to answer him, there was no reason to lie about her previous hopes and dreams.

All of which had long since died out.

"I used to want to be a singer or an actor," Seraphina told him as she put her hand over her heart, a nervous look on her face as she didn't want him to ask about her previous goals. "but I gave up on that dream a long time ago, now I want to be a pediatrician I like kids."

Before her Dad had left Seraphina had loved to sing, she often sang songs with both of her parents, but the day she'd come downstairs to her Mom silently crying on the couch after her Father abandoned them.

Seraphina had stopped singing, although her mother did keep up the tradition, Seraphina had preferred to only sing alone late at night, when she knew no one was listening.

Along with her dream of singing, when she was young she also knew she was either going to be a doctor or a pediatrician there was nothing she wanted more than to help people.

"Well you're just about the size of a kid, so I can see why you'd adore them so much." Stefan tried to joke as he noticed the slightly saddened look on her face, he didn't want to upset her after just meeting her.

"Hey, I am a normal height for girls my age." Seraphina quickly began to argue after letting out a small gasp and pout, she was used to joking about her age.

"You're like what, 4'11?" Stefan asked leaning back to look the young woman over to estimate her small height, Seraphina had always been on the short side.

"I'm 5'1.1/2 for your information." Seraphina continued to argue making sure to add in the 1/2 like it was that much of a difference, but she never left it off.

"That's still tiny for an 18 Year Old?" Stefan asked once again trying to estimate something about the girl, whilst also teasing her to try to defend herself.

"I'm 17." Seraphina corrected him with a small nod of her head before she crossed her arms and stubbornly glanced away from him.

"Exactly you're barely a full person." Stefan laughed whilst partially teasing her, whilst he reached up and gave her cheek a small squeeze.

"Shut it, not everyone can be a giant," She stuttered as a small bright red blush came over her face, whilst she slapped his hand away. "and I'm not a baby, I'm just ver-vertically challenged."

"Sure, whatever you say." Stefan sarcastically agreed with her as he nodded his head, causing Sera to lightly glare at him, despite her knowing he was joking.

"Whatever, what's your next class?" Seraphina asked rolling her eyes and trying her best to change the subject, gaining a laugh from Stefan.

"Mr. Tanner." Stefan answered after reaching into his backpack for the paper with his entire schedule on it, the boy quickly read the class back to her.

"Yay, I have that class too along with my best friends Bonnie and Caroline." She squealed before grabbing Stefan's arm and pulling him along behind her.

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐋, Seraphina was trying her best to make it to the Grill on time to meet up with Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, and Stefan.

And hoping that she wasn't too late, Seraphina quickly ran around the corner of the street, although she didn't make it far after that as she ran into someone...again.

"I am so sorry." Seraphina apologized as she steadied herself after running, once again, face-first into another random guy on the sidewalk.

Which seemed to be a small habit she was developing today, she honestly didn't usually run into people by accident.

"It's alright," The guy, who was unbeknownst to Seraphina as Damon Salvatore, said simply as he licked his lips, looking her up and down.

He could see why Stefan had written about her in his diary after he came home from school, although his words did not do her alluring blood justice.

"Are you sure, I really didn't mean to run into you?" Seraphia asked slowly as she felt herself getting lost in his eyes, they were the most vibrant blue she had ever seen.

"Your Seraphina right?" He asked waving the girl's concern off with a small smirk, the older man watching as Seraphina smiled softly at him.

"You can call me Sera, everyone does," She said bashfully as she reached her hand out for him to shake, which he did. "and you are?"

"Damon." He replied simply the smirk on his face growing as he heard her heartbeat speed up, Seraphina couldn't help that he was conventionally attractive.

"Do you have a last name, Damon?" She asked curiously as she squinted her eyes, she could help but feel as if she'd seen him before or at least someone that looked like him.

"You'll just find that out later." He said mysteriously as he took a step closer, their bodies centimeter's from touching, but he only stood there for a moment the two intensely looking at each other, before he chuckled and walked around her.

She could only stand there shocked, quickly turning around to glance at him but it was like he just disappeared; Seraphina only squinted her eyes looking around confused before she heard her phone suddenly go off shocking her.

"Oh no." She mumbled when she looked at it, she was going to be late meeting her friends' thanks to her little conversation.

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late," Seraphina said breathlessly as she walked up to their table before she realized Stefan was sitting with them. "oh, hi, Stefan."

"Hey, Seraphina." Stefan replied his voice going deeper, he hadn't taken his eyes off of her since he saw her walking through the door of the Grill.

Seraphina could only smile at Stefan nervously, she could feel the butterflies rampaging through her stomach as he smiled back at her.

"So," Caroline suddenly spoke up gaining everyone's attention, but the girl only look at Stefan whilst batting her eyes. "you were born in Mystic Falls?"

"Mm-Hmm, and moved when I was still young." Stefan answered -somewhat- honestly, telling the entire truth was out of the question for him.

"Parents?" Bonnie asked curious and slightly suspicious of the boy, ever since she'd gotten this bad feeling about Stefan ever since they grazed hands.

"My parents passed away." Stefan said glancing over at Seraphina, who looked back at him with eyes filled with pity and empathy, she'd just about lost her Father.

"I'm sorry," Elena suddenly spoke up from Stefan's other side as she moved closer to him, placing her hands on his upper arm. "any siblings?"

"None that I talk to," Stefan answered vaguely as he placed his hand on Elena's before he subtly moved her off of him. "I live with my uncle."

With that, the small group was once again pulled into a bead of silence, it not being awkward but it was slightly weird and bleak.

"So Stefan, if you're new then you don't know about the party tomorrow." Caroline said suddenly perking up and batting her eyelashes at him flirtatiously as she leaned over the table.

"It's a back-to-school thing at the falls." Elena told him a small smile on her face, as she subtly moved closer to him.

"Are you going?" Stefan suddenly asked turning towards Seraphina, who blushed at how much attention he suddenly began to pay her.

Seeing her hesitate to answer with a bright blush on her face, Elena quickly jumped in wrapping her arm around Stefan a smile on her face.

"Of course she is." She said successfully bringing all the attention back to her and away from a blushing Seraphina.