Chapter 4: All Cloaked Up

_________________________________

Mission Loadout

Weapons Issues: HBRa3 Assault Rifle w/Silencer and target finder scope, Lynx Sniper Rifle w/Silencer, long-range scope, Mute Charge, Aerial Recon Drone w/cloak

Exo-Type: Specialist

Exo-abilities:

Riot-shield mk2 - When activated, user is surrounded by translucent personal shielding, significant improvement over the practical shoulder-mounted variant mk1.

Overdrive - Through complicated quantum science, time is slowed down for the user, enabling fast reaction and speeds, for a short period of time.

Cloak - Surrounds the user in a cloaking field which camouflages into the environment, effectively making the user invisible.

Mission Objective: Conduct a reconnaissance mission into the alien world, ascertain whether the environment is habitable for humans beyond the gate and gather enemy intelligence.

_____________________________

Joint Atlas & U.S "The Gate" Military Complex, Karkh District, New Baghdad

December 8th, 2059 – 1730 HRS

What was once a site of a bloody massacre by other worldly beings from beyond the gate, is now a heavily fortified military district, erected in the aftermath of the Siege of Baghdad incident. In the span of a month, Atlas and U.S forces constructed a series of military facilities, storage warehouses and airbases for a large-scale military operation.

At the centre of a complex, is a massive armoured, multi-purpose stadium that is currently housing the structure the structure from where the other worlders came from, now referred to as "The Gate".

The stadium functions a multitude of other functions, such as large assembly area for a large contingent of infantry and armoured vehicles, mess hall for feeding the personnel, armoury and storage for on-site security, as well as a still under-con...

The stadium functions a multitude of other functions, such as large assembly area for a large contingent of infantry and armoured vehicles, mess hall for feeding the personnel, armoury and storage for on-site security, as well as a still under-construction Quantum Communication Array, with the sole purpose of establishing communications and links with upcoming assets beyond the gate through quantum sciences, all powered by a Fusion reactor, providing a nearly unlimited amount of energy courtesy of nuclear power.