•🌼❤️Field Of Dandelions❤️🌼•

Title: 🌼❤️ Field Of Dandelions ❤️🌼
Ship: Lailey (Luke x Hailey 🧡💙)
Type: Fluff 🤍

[Note: This oneshot was requested by @Creative_Crystal.]
(Also, my head cannon is that Luke grew up on a farm so hope that makes sense 😋)

Luke's POV:
I close my eyes and take a deep breath of the fresh, countryside air. I love this place. It reminds me of when I was young, before I moved to the city. As much as I liked all the farm animals, my favourite place was always the dandelion field. It just made me feel... alive. Made me feel wonderful. I remember being dragged by my parents to leave the fields and go to the city, tears streaming down my cheeks. I didn't want to leave the dandelions. But I had too. And it broke me. At least the farm didn't go to waste, as we gave it to my grandparents. I often came here now to relax and reminisce about my past.

The dandelions brush against my face as I hear someone calling to me. I slowly open my eyes to the sun, and turn around. It's Hailey. She's standing behind me, surrounded by dandelions, hair flowing in the light wind. She has her hair in a ponytail so often that I forgot how beautiful she looked with her hair down. Standing there, she could have been a model for all I'd know. I just wished she realised how amazing she is.

The truth is, this was meant to be a sort of field trip for the club. I invited everyone to come to my childhood home for the weekend, and they all seemed pretty exited. But just a day before the trip, all of them except Hailey called up and cancelled. The excuses they made were terrible, and it only took me a few minutes to realise they were just trying to set me and Hailey up with some alone time. The club knows I have a crush on her, god know how.

"Hey there Beautiful," I say flirtatiously to Hailey, a grin across my face. She looks at me, her face red, and starts to stutter a little before getting herself back together. "Stop talking about yourself, Luke," she says confidently, a soft smile across her face. "Smooth." I chuckle, as she turns to sit down across me.

A wind blows past, causing Hailey to shut her eyes from the dust. I'm used to stuff like this, and I manage to keep my eyes on her whilst the breeze passes. It's around 5 PM, yet there's no darkness in the sky. However, the sun is beginning to set, leaving the sky a sort of teal and orangey colour (see what I did there 😏). Its beautiful. I love everything about our world.

I turn my eyes away from the sun to look at Hailey. She's staring deep into my eyes, but not in an intimidating way. Her looks comforts me and I return her gaze, getting lost inside her dark eyes. The air is silent but it doesn't feel awkward; it feels natural, like speaking would break the connection we're sharing currently. But as the sun goes down and the sky gets darker, I feel the need to say something and make the most of it.

"Right now would be the perfect time for a couple to kiss." I mumble.

Hailey looks at me, curious yet still smiling. "Huh?"

"Yknow," I gesture towards the sky. "Everything about right now feels no stereotypically perfect. The sunset, the field... it's just right for a couple." I say.

She's still smiling at me, but she's taken a few steps closer. "Well then..."

"Why should we miss out?"

My eyes widen, blushing from shock. "Do you
mean...?"

She grins. Her face is only centimetres away from mine now. "I do mean."

And just like that, we kiss 💞.

We kiss. Wow. I will always treasure those words. Everything about this moment is so perfect, so so perfect. I can feel my heart galloping, and I realise it's because I'm in love. And it's amazing. I want to hold Hailey, to stay like this forever. And we probably would have if my grandma didn't come calling for us.

"Where are you, dears? Just wanted to tell you dinners ready, wherever you are!" I can hear my grandma chirp from across the field.

I slowly pull away from Hailey. Damn, that was probably one the hardest things I've ever had to do. I grin at her and she grins at me, and we both break into a laugh. I'm so happy I feel I could burst.

"We should go," Hailey chuckles, standing up, and giving me her hand to help me up. I take it and stand next to her, the sky almost dark by now.

"Yknow what, Luke Peterson? Your an idiot. But somehow, I love you."

I put my arm around her waist, and crane my neck so I can reach her ear.

"Hailey Austin, you idiot, I love you too 💕."

~*~

Word count: 837
Notes: AHH Ok so I actually really like this one 👌
I didn't even ship Lailey before but now I definitely do. 💙🧡
Anyway, thanks for the request!
Requests are still open so feel free to give me your ideas 😊😊😊!

-Tish