Here for You part 8: Graduation Day

Here for you part 8• Graduation Day
What happened in Part 7: Everyone at cloud 9 as well as amy's family knows she's pregnant.

It's emma's graduation day, and Jonah goes to wake her up in her room. She has to be up at 7 for her beauty appointments, and he's taking her to all of them to let Amy sleep after another rough night with the babies. Jonah walks in and opens the curtains.
J- rise and shine!! happy grad!!
Emma rolls over and smiles at Jonah.
J- Ready to go get glammed up?
E- Only if you are.
Jonah laughs and leans over Emma's bed to hug her.
J- Proud of you Em. So is your mom. And i'm sure your dad is too.
E- Thanks Jonah. I can't wait to see him today. Did mom say anything to you?
J- the boys were up all night again & we're both pretty tired, but she's most likely gonna go.
E- Awhh yay!!
J- don't worry, i already gave her the speech about crying in front of everyone.
Emma laughs at Jonah.
E- It's fine, she can cry. she won't be the only crying parent there.
J- You sure about that?
Jonah realizes he left his wallet on his nightstand, and he creeps open the door to his room to see amy, sitting up in bed scrolling on her computer.
J- Hey ames.
A- Hi Jonah.
J- You ok?
A- Extremely tired. I'm gonna make it though! I can't let Emma down. she can't be the only one without a mom there.
J- She'd be happy either way babe.
Jonah goes to hug her, and she kisses his head.
J- i made coffee, it's in your special mug waiting at your spot at the table.
A- Thanks babe. I love you!!
Jonah closes the door and heads out with Emma.
J- First stop- Nails!!  Second stop- Hair!! Third stop- Makeup!! A day of pampering!
E- I think you're more excited than I am for this!!

While emma is out getting ready with Jonah, Amy is in the living room drinking her coffee jonah made while feeding carter.
Amy looks at her baby in the eyes, and smiles knowing she's got another one coming. As she's drinking & feeding, the doorbell rings. She looks out the window and sees a white truck she doesn't recognize. She goes to open the door, and low and behold- her ex husband adam was standing right in front of her!
A- ADAM??
Ad- Hi! Amy! I'm here to see Emma before her grad?
A- She's out at appointments getting ready for today. Come in.
Amy was shocked to see Adam. She'd completely wiped him out of her life after marrying Jonah.
Ad- So what's new?
Amy realizes that Adam doesn't know about the baby yet.
A- Can't you tell?
Ad- ...No?
A- Look at my stomach Adam.
Ad- Oh wow you're- you're hella pregnant.
A- Sure am. Well- only 4 months, but i look like 6 months or something like that.
Ad- Congrats.
Amy smiles at Adam, trying to ignore the awkwardness in the room.
A- What's been going on with you?
Ad- Nothing at all. I'm engaged to Bridget now.
Amy thinks about who that is, and remembers it's the "3 owl bitch" according to Cheyenne.
A- I thought you broke up?
Ad- We did- She cheated on me. But, we're back.
A- Awesome.
Amy then realizes adam doesn't know she's sick.
Ad- Anything else interesting happening?
Amy thinks about whether to tell him.
A- Well, I got some of the worst news of my life a while ago.
Ad- What's that?
A- I have cancer.
Ad- Oh god i'm so sorry Amy.
A- Thanks. It's tough & i feel like shit, but i'm getting used to it now.
There's a moment of silence.
A- So Emma's graduating today.
Ad- Can't believe it. What school's she going to?
A- Northwestern.
Amy thinks to herself: what kind of dad doesn't have the decency to ask her daughter something like that??
Ad- Well i'd better get going. Hope you feel better.
A- Bye.
" if only it was that easy. if only i could "feel better" within days. This was here to stay and it wasn't gonna leave me alone anytime soon." amy thinks to herself while cuddling with parker.

3 Hours later:
It's almost time for the ceremony, and emma is all ready for the big day. Wearing a gorgeous light blue dress, in perfect heels with her hair tied back in a bun, she was looking gorgeous. Amy sees Emma getting out of the car with Jonah outside the school.
E- MOM!!
A- Emma!! You look so pretty!!
E- So do you.
Amy smiles at her girl and gives her a huge hug. She tries picking her up, but fails.
A- Guess that's not as easy when you're all grown up.
Emma and amy walk into the school, leaving jonah behind, who meets up with Adam in the parking lot. They engage in awkward small talk before heading for the auditorium.
E- thanks for coming. i know this wasn't easy.
A- I wouldn't miss this for the world.
Amy leans onto her daughter who is now way taller than her, and they head into the school.
The ceremony starts, and Emma grabs her award before delivering her big speech.
Amy and jonah clap proudly in the audience, with adam sitting a few seats down from them by himself.
" Please welcome your valedictorian Emma Dubanowski!"
Amy and Jonah clap. Jonah goes in to hug Amy.
J- That's your girl.
A- Stop you're gonna make me cry more than i already am!!
Emma's speech goes by, and amy blocks most of it out just admiring how gorgeous her daughter looks standing up there, until she hears something special.
" And to my amazingly strong mother, who despite being extremely sick & pregnant insisted on being here today, thank you. Thank you for being my role model & the reason i'm where i am today. I love you so much, and i'm gonna miss you. Here's to class of 22!"
Amy, who is now weeping, Stands up to clap and scream for Emma.
She meets her outside the school and hugs her for what seems like forever, while holding her 2 kids, one in each arm.
A- Look at sissy!! So pretty!! 
Parker smiles and reaches his hand out, when a photographer approaches them.
" Want your pictures taken? They're free!"
Emma looks at Amy.
A- I look horrible, but we gotta remember this day right??
Amy hands off parker to adam and carter to jonah, and she and emma smile for the camera.
" Everybody squeeze in!" Jonah, Adam, and the kids peek their heads in the picture with the 2 girls. Amy thanks the photographer and looks at Emma again.
Ad- Ready to party?
E- You bet!
J- Are we gonna get an appearance from Cramy?!
A- I wish, but i've got a baby in here! I can't have booze!
The night goes by at the grad party, and everyone's having fun, but as the night gets later jonah notices something is up with Amy.
J- You ok Ames?
A- Yeah i just feel... I feel off.
J- What do you feel?
A- I'm just... i keep zoning out. I'm dizzy, sore & I feel like i can't stay awake any longer even with this music blasting.
J- We can go home if you want, or I could drop you off if you want me to stay for Emma.
A- If i feel worse i'll let you know.
Emma approaches amy.
E- Hey. You ok?
A- Yeah i'm fine Em. Go have fun.
E- I think i'm gonna sit here for a bit.
Amy goes in to hug Emma.
J- Are you sure you're ok Ames?
A- Yeah...
Jonah knew something was up and Amy didn't wanna say anything about it. He goes in for a hug and just sits there, watching her.