Thursday 4 hours before.... 11/30/86

"Nessa, why would I want to be a bunny? That is so dumb."
"Sam! You would look so cute in bunny ears!"
Ugh. I loved Nessa but she could be annoying.
"Oh! The phones ringing!" Vanessa jumped up and started skipping towards her room. She was so lucky. I envied the fact that she had a phone in her room. Alas, it is what it is. I'm lucky to even have a phone.
"Sam! Your mom says it's time for you to head home!" Finally, I could go home and do homework. Mr. Ulysses gives so much homework for no reason.
"Mkay! Tell her I'm packing my bag!" I yelled.
I put Nessa's stupid bunny ears in my backpack. Why the hell not? It was my 17 birthday. You may be thinking, Halloween, and a birthday? Lucky. I don't necessarily think it's lucky, because everyone forgets.
As I walk out the door I say goodbye to Nessa and Ms. Holland.
Geez was it really 8pm? My mom hated me being out in the dark but she didn't want me staying at the Holland's on a school night. I wish I had my Walkman, this walk wouldn't be so unbearably eerie.
Oh shit! Did I forget my key in the house?
Fuck.
My family was out at O'malley's with the Carie's.
Looks like I'm gonna have to pick a lock.

Thursday 2 1/2 hours before......
I gave up picking the lock and began to do my homework on the back porch with my dog Marley.
Finally! Zeke was home!
Zeke is my older brother. He's 19 and refuses to go to college, and gets a new girlfriend everytime he breathes.
"Zeke! Oh my god, I have never been more excited to see you."
"The fuck you want."
We don't have the best relationship.
"I forgot my key in the house."
"Sounds like a you problem."
"Oh for Pete's sake Zeke! Please, you have a key. This can be my birthday present, please!"
"Only because I don't want to waste any money on your dumbass."
I don't know why he hates me. But he does. And he has since I was 13. I have never figured out why.
"Thank you Zeke." I gave him a hug. He doesn't like me, but he's my brother and I love him, so I'm going to give him one when he gives me a hand, even if he insults me all throughout it.

Thursday 2 minutes before......
Finally I can sleep! But I'll get some fresh air first.
The stars in small town Texas make the sky look like a splatter painting.
I get up to walk towards the back door when.
I'm no longer in Texas.
Was this a dream?
I pinched myself.
No.
Fuck!
What the hell was this place?
Every where looked the same, except some parts where dark and the other parts were full of yellow light.