five

───CIGARETTES ARE COOL, it's better than drugs I guess

I SAT NEXT TO HERMIONE, RON AND HARRY AFTER THE SORTING that took almost eighteen minutes but then again me and the hat were having a deep conversation which I like a lot and wouldn't mind having it again, maybe I should go around steal the hat for myself because Mr. Hat is a great therapist and I am only saying this because he has a very good voice, better than dumbledore who sang like a dying goat before the feast started.

The food appeared on the table and now I was looking at huge chicken roasted and it low-key shined like gold under the lighting, there was also mashed potatoes, peas, steak, rice, beef stew, scrambled eggs, ice cream, pudding, milkshakes, which was honestly looked delicious but nothing could top April's cooking.

I looked over to see Ron already stuffing his face with food and I wouldn't blame him since we had waited for all the first years to go through the sortings, really boring long speeches, and Dumbledore's horrible singing abilities. Poor students of Hogwarts have to go through this every day and I wonder how they haven't gotten tired of it.

"Where even is the spice?" I complained while shaking my head in disappointment. "Hermione could pass me the pepper bottle?" I pointed out the seasoning bottle beside Hermione who passed it to me.

"Are you sure you need that much? you might get a stomach ache from all the spices," Hermione asked me which was quite funny because I vividly remember the day my dumb ass stuffed four Carolina reaper down my throat as a dare which ended me in the hospital for a week. It was the dumbest act I have taken place in but it's better than jumping off of a bridge and getting caught by the police?

"I am all good but who is that teacher who looks like an edgy seventeen-year-old?" I pointed out to the guy with a long nose wearing black robes identical to a death Vader from star wars.

Harry, Ron, and some people around me choked on air weirdly and looked at me with wide eyes. So, I swear I didn't make any offensive comment, why the fuck are they looking at me like that? Is this what British people do, stare into others' souls.

"Coraline that's Snape, he is the potions teacher and head of Slytherin's house. I suggest you stay far away from him and don't get in any trouble with him," Ron said very seriously and looked at me dead in the eye.

"Oh don't listen to him Coraline besides he is an idiot and-" one of the redhead twins I saw at the first when I was being sorted.

"We always make his life even more-" The other one spoke continuing his brother's lines.

"Hard for him just to piss off that tosspot," The two spoke in order which made me dizzy hearing it.

"How could we forget I am Fred-"

"And I am George it's our pleasure meeting you," The carrots spoke again at the same time.

"You guys are cool. You said you make his life harder right what does that mean?" I asked innocently.

Fred and George looked at each other and smiled mischievously. "We do pranks on others and very harmless ones too but sometimes some people end up screaming," George said eyeing Ron who looked offended.

"Not my problem that you threw a spider at me while I was showering," Ron said shivering slightly.

"Speaking of spiders. Remember the time you peed your pants seeing lee's tarantula in your trunk Ron? Then I have to come for rescue and help you out before you fainted?" Harry said which made everyone else laugh and Ron went bright pink in embarrassment.

"Wait how did tabitha get there?" The siad boy named Lee asked and looked at the twins for an answer as they smiled sheepishly at him.

"Who cares? We get to see hear ron scream girlishly," Harry said nudging his best friend.

"Really? Is this pick on Ron day or something?" He huffed crossing his arms and deflated into the chair tiredly.

"If it makes you feel better, I am scared of cockroaches and butterflies," I said trying to comfort the poor boy as I understand the Arachnophobia fear a lot of people have.

"You are scared of butterflies?" Hermione asked amused.

"Yeah, When I was five I was chased by a bunch of them, and I fell into the lake nearly drowning myself," I said feeling the trauma wave over me.

"So, you are from america right? How is it there?" Lee Jordan asked me curiously.

"If you are asking me if they are Sane I would say yes and no," I replied back. Being an American isn't something really to boast about but at the same time when you have title of I am from NYC seems rather suprerior.

"You all should stop bombarding Cora with questions. She is probably tired from all of you and prehaphs we should go back to the common room?" Hermione butted in while grabbing my hand.

"Cory?" I raised my eyebrow.

Hermione cheeks tinted red. "Ohh it's nothing just a nick name. I thought it was cute,"

"I like it," I grinned and the thought of her calling me Cory is just too adorable.

GIF WAS MADE BY - l0vingaphrodite

Mindy blogs
800+ words