three

"fellow demons," chenle declared after about two minutes of tense silence. "mark-hyung won't do. we officially need a more adultier adult. call taeyong-hyung in here."

"what do you mean i won't do?" protested mark, gravely offended.

five pairs of eyes stared at him reproachfully.

"we said we have a problem, and you asked where the fridge is," renjun deadpanned.

mark opened his mouth to protest, but was interrupted by a large bang that came somewhere from the other end of the dorm. "what was that?" he exclaimed instead.

chenle flashed him a million-dollar smile. "what, hyung? we didn't hear anything, hyung. right?"

everyone but mark started furiously nodding in perfect unison.

to see all the dreamies agreeing on something so easily was beyond suspicious. mark frowned, unconvinced. "are you sure, guys?"

another loud bang resonated.

"he'll know," jaemin whispered anxiously to jeno.

jeno snorted softly and squeezed jaemin's arm above the elbow to comfort him. "how'd he know?"

"like this," jaemin, who was still keeping an eye on mark, noted.

sure enough. still frowning in determination, mark had walked out of the kitchen and was marching toward the source of the loud noise.

"hyung, wait!" chenle screeched. "don't go there!"

jisung emerged from under the kitchen table, dashed after mark, and blocked his way, long legs wide. donghyuck and chenle joined him a second later. all had plastered what should have been innocent smiles on their faces, but looked like the grins of the cheshire cat.

mark stopped and, folding his arms on his chest, narrowed his eyes at them. "aha! so you are hiding something!" he said triumphantly. "move. move now." he tried to circumvent the trio, but the moved to block his way again. "if i'm going to adult, i'm going to adult at full mode."

"okay." jaemin was the first to relent. he raised his hands in the air defensively. "just promise us you won't get mad."

mark stared at him, unimpressed. "i'll try."

Jaemin offered him a bright smile. "that'll even answer your question about the fridge!"

"traitor," renjun hissed at jaemin, who shrugged, not a care in the world.

another loud bang came from somewhere beyond the living room. with a collective sigh, jisung, donghyuck, and chenle moved aside, and mark rushed past them.

"WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK, GUYS–" the dreamies heard mark yell a moment later. they all cringed.

this time, it was jeno who raised his hands defensively. "i told y'all locking yuta-hyung up was a bad idea."

a/n:

the dreamies are a hot mess in this 

wait, they're a hot mess in real life