CHAPTER TWELVE

Black Friday is not a shopping day in the Decort house. They observe one religious holiday and it's today, their preordained day of rest. If Sage sees his parents before noon, it's in passing to get sustenance from the kitchen.

     So he gets to spend the morning in bed with no one questioning it. If yesterday hadn't happened, he'd probably have gotten up to check on Sam by now, but, as it stands, he's not sure he can look the boy in the eye. Not after last night.

     Seeing him naked? Rough but survivable. Being seen naked? Also rough and also survivable. Jerking off to the sounds of him jerking off without him even knowing? Fucking fantastic, but definitely not survivable. 100% a thing that could send Sage to the grave. And he'd willingly go! He's happy to go. Anything to avoid Sam.

     He has no idea if Sam's even awake, or has left his room. He heard him in the bathroom earlier, but otherwise he's been silent.

     He texts Calla.

     Sage: Did you see sam this morning?

Calla: Neg. Been in bed all day tho. Why?

     Sage types back jw and drops his phone on his covers. He should get up, but he's dreading it, dreading the whole day and the rest of the weekend with Sam. He should be ashamed, but when he thinks about last night, he's excited all over again, this furious rush through his stomach. It feels like the beginning of something.

     His phone goes off twice. He lifts it, expecting the texts to be from Calla. One is, the other is from Sam. He opens Calla's first because Sam's name on his phone has spiked his heart rate.

     Calla: I'm gonna order brunch. Send me what you and sam want

     Sage types back ok hang on. He opens the text from Sam.

     Sam: are you awake?

     Sage stares at his phone screen, feeling ridiculous. Sam doesn't know what he did last night and he doesn't know that Sage knows what he did last night on the other side of the bathroom door and so it's just something Sage will have to bury in the recesses of his mind.

     Sage: yeah just woke up. Calla's ordering brunch. You want anything? I'll send you the menu.

     He googles the spot they frequent and then sends the link to Sam.

     Sam: whatever you get is fine
     Sage: ok
     Sam: just no pork
     Sage: I remember
     Sage: I usually get their scrambled eggs platter.  I can sub turkey bacon for you? Also comes with toast and home fries.
     Sam: that works

     Sage sends their orders over to Calla and she thumbs up's it.

     Sam: so are we leaving Sunday? Or did you want to go back tomorrow?
     Sage: I can do either or. Do you want to leave tomorrow?
     Sam: I'll stay if you want to stay or we can leave if you're ready to go. Makes no difference to me.

     Sage thinks about it. His dad's coming into the city next week to see what he's been working on. If he makes dinner plans with his mom, he won't feel bad about ducking out early.

     Sage: I'll get us tickets for tomorrow
     Sam: let me know how much and I'll Venmo you
     Sage: shut up
     Sam: don't tell me to shut up that's fucking rude sage
     Sage: I'm the one that dragged you here
     Sam: you did not drag me. I'm an autonomous human being who made the decision to come here.
     Sam: speaking of, we should probably finish this work and send over to olekev
     Sam: *it over
     Sage: that's not really a speaking of, but yeah we should
     Sage: we'll work after we eat?