A Week Before

"My fault?" Frustration is evident in G's voice, and M is more than sure that it's not only frustration that's eating him up. "Is that my fault, M?" G asked sternly for the second time, then faced him on his feet. The only sound that can be heard in their place is the light buzzing of the air conditioner and the soft ticking sound of the clock.

"Speak," G demanded, M clearly see how tensed G's shoulders are. M sighed exasperatedly, he didn't expect that a simple conversation they were having earlier would be the trigger for this confrontation.

"No, it's not your fault," the only answer M came up with. He failed to hide his frustration and disappointment with how his shoulders dropped.

"Then why are you treating me like this? Do I deserved to be treated like thi-"

"No! Oh, God, no-" M answered in a panic, approaching G, almost trembling. He held his lover's face who's trying to hold a strong facade but his eyes pooling with tears betrayed him, "No, babe, you don't deserve that, I'm sorry. It's all my fault, okay?" He held G in his arms as tight as he could, trying to soothe and ease away all the negative feelings they were sharing earlier.

He kissed G's closed eyes, "It's not your fault that I am this insecure, I was just being defensive. It's on me, alright? I am working on it myself, please bear with me, hm?" M explained with the softest voice he can use, while resting his face on his lover's shoulder.

G hugged him back, he tried to relax his whole body but there is still this discomfort in his heart. He sighed then broke the silence, "Should I leav-"

"No," M cut him off, "No one's leaving, alright?" M continued with his almost pleading voice.

"Alright. I love you the most, remember that," G said and kissed him on the cheek, still hugging his lover.

They both stayed on their shared condo unit, relaxed on their couch, all over each other as if they hadn't had an argument a couple of minutes ago. M is leaning on G's shoulder while G is playing with the other's hair. M on the other hand, got sleepy after relaxing his body and mind, enjoying the comfort from his lover's every touch. He is his home, indeed.

G is staring at his lover's sleeping face. Remembering how grateful he is that the heavens let them meet in this lifetime. Thinking that he doesn't mind any argument that would come their way as a couple, as long as they can talk about it, and as long as M wants him, he's going to stay.

G finds it funny how deep he is in for real this time, because he can't even remember when M's existence became this important to him. All he knows and understands is how the mere existence of his lover is enough for him to breathe freely, as if he already found his life's purpose - and whatever the future might bring them, their time together is already enough for him to last a lifetime. As long as M is happy, wherever he is or whatever the reason might be, that's more than enough for him.

"Babe?" G was woken up by M's voice. He opened his eyes and the beautiful face of his lover is the first thing he saw. "Hm?" G answered while smiling.

"Let's get up and move to our bedroom." M answered, while lightly caressing his shoulders resting on the couch.

"I don't want to."

"What do you want then?" M asked, humoring his lover's antics.

"You," G answered with a smile, "- hug me." M willingly complied with his lover's request. He sat down on the couch beside G, then laid down on it. They tried to fit themselves on the small couch, taking advantage of the small space to be impossibly closer.

M kissed his lover's temple, tightening the hug, he even put his leg above G's.

"Babe, have you realised how huge you are?" G said on M's chest with a muffled voice.