Chapter 22

Dear Readers,

I haven't been doing well health wise, the updates might take longer. Will update as and when I can. Please bear with me.

Thanks for understanding 🙏 💕

Hope you like and enjoy this chapter. Do share your thoughts and don't forget to hit the star 😊

Love Preet❤

Chapter 22

Shaurya's shocked mind finally registered Anokhi's last line 'Was it the same girl from last week you hung up on me for??'

'When did I hang up on her??' thought Shaurya confusingly. What GIRL is she talking about and why does she think I hung up on her?? I would never do that...suddenly he remembered the incident from last Friday when he was on the phone with Anokhi and got the call from the USA and he cut his call with Anokhi short. Oh my god!! She thinks I was on the phone with some girl and that's why I cut her call. Is that why she has been behaving so oddly with me since Monday? Why does it bother her if I was talking to a girl?? Is she JEALOUS?? But why?? Does she think I was talking to my girlfriend or something?? Is that why she is jealous?? But why would she get jealous, even if she thought I was talking to my girlfriend?? You get jealous only if you love someone….. Wait, does this mean she loves ME??? Is that even possible??
He looked up and scanned Anokhi's face one more time to try and figure out what exactly was eating her?? She looked furious. No answer from Shaurya was making her really mad.

Seeing her mad like this, Shaurya's heart fluttered with happiness and a small smile made its way to his lips. If what I think is right then it means...Oh my...I gotta find out how she feels about me!!

"Anokhi, what happened to you suddenly?" asked Shaurya very calmly.

"Nothing, don't bother!!" Anokhi snapped back.

"I think you didn't like me talking to someone else..." Anokhi cut his sentence short and bitterly said "Why would I not like that??" Then sadly she added "Anyway it doesn't matter what I like and what I don't. Don't worry about me, I am not that important...there are many more important people in your life, worry about them."

"Who said you are not important in my life?? You are very important" Shaurya said frustratingly.

"I can see how important I am," replied Anokhi sarcastically. "I am not important to you at all, I am just one of your students who is crazily in LOVE with you."

"What???" Shaurya asked in shock, he was not able to believe his ears, not able to believe what he just heard.

Realizing what she had just blurted out, Anokhi covered her mouth with her hands in shock. 'What have I done?? He will get mad at me now! Oh my god what have I done????' thought Anokhi and closed her eyes in fear.

Shaurya's happiness knew no bounds and he asked Anokhi again "What…. What did you say??? Did I hear you right? Did you just say you love me??" He asked so many questions one after another, he couldn't hold his excitement.

"Uhhh I I I..." Anokhi was really scared and hence unable to come up with an answer, she was scared to say YES but didn't wanna say NO either.

Anokhi slowly looked up at him fearfully with mixed emotions of embarrassment and worry.

"You love me, that's what you said, didn't you?" asked Shaurya in a cheerful tone.

Anokhi looked up and got shocked seeing his happy face, without realizing she shyly nodded her head in a YES.

Shaurya couldn't believe what he saw, after a few seconds of blank stare at Anokhi. He slowly put his hand on her hand and squeezed gently to get assurance if she really meant what he heard. Sudden blush on her face gave him the courage to move further, he lovingly pulled her in his arms and hugged her tightly. "I LOVE YOU TOO, SO MUCH, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU..." he just kept repeating. Anokhi was completely lost in his warmth...slowly but timidly she encircled her hands on his shoulders and closed her eyes with deep contentment. After a minute or so he pulled himself back and held Anokhi's face in his hands and looked at her lovingly, he had a huge smile on his face and just couldn't stop looking at her.